shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
things change fast in the world of security software.
nowadays, neither norton nor malwarebytes are considered top protection.
If you do like norton, you don't have to switch, but consider adding to it one or more of the following:
zemana
hitmanpro
hitmanpro.alert
voodooshield

I am a big fan of norton family, which I use as a standalone app.

N

Noxx

Please, please consider backing up your data. Macrium Reflect has a free edition. Thank you for sharing.

Edit: Remove System Mechanic 16 immediately and run a malware check with Zemana AntiMalware, Emsisoft AntiMalware, or something similar. Both have freeware.

Iolo Scam - Forums

Replace System Mechanic 16 with a reliable and efficient alternative such as CCleaner, WiseCleaner, Privazer, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Check on eClient too I found it easier than Thundertweety lol
PeAcE
PS: unless you use something like Ccleaner I doubt you got rid of Incredimail 100%
It tends to stick around, I have removed it from more than one In-law's system

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Burn.

Maybe Tom would appreciate a few comparisons that show Crystal Security is superior to Malwarebytes.

@DardiM said : "you could try" => best comparisons would be made by him ;)

@Tominator
You don't have a second on-demand scanner tool :
=> Crystal Security is a VERY good choice if you want to test a free Cloud-base scanner.

I make on-demand static (not only) tests with all fresh samples from Malware Hub (and also on waves before) every day with AVs, MBAM life-time licence & ZAM licence (also others tools with licence or not). When none of them report a file as a Malware, I always run Crystal Security : if the file is known on VirusTotal, it will warn you (for the .js files, you must add the extension on the Protection custom options)

- MBAM should add a cloud-base scan, in my opinion.
- ZAM detection rate is above MBAM for this reason, still in my opinion
(Sometimes one of them detects malware that the other didn't report)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Check on eClient too I found it easier than Thundertweety lol
PeAcE
PS: unless you use something like Ccleaner I doubt you got rid of Incredimail 100%
It tends to stick around, I have removed it from more than one In-law's system
@CyberGHost, did you mean eMClient? I like it, too. Also Mailbird is good, if your mail account is with gmail or the like.
But I think it is more secure to stay away from desktop email clients altogether, if possible, and just use webmail, because then you view your attachments in the cloud, and you don't get infected.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider a data and system backup solution.
I would 86 incredimail and system mechanic.
For one legit emails have been found to be more secure than temp/Disposable emails.
CCleaner is more than enough on the system/privacy cleaners.
Other than that you have a nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Consider to add some on demand scanners for second opinion.
Have an adblocker for better effectiveness on browsing.

Create a backup even using Online Storage like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and others to store your files safely.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.