Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@DardiM,

Thanks for the feedback. :)
=> I added another folder, saved the list in .xml, modified the <file>...temp....</file> concerned with <file>C:\Users\DardiM\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE</file>, saved the .xml, re-opened the .xml in Crystal Security
But it doesn't work this way, always spam when I surf on the internet.
I'll try to add sub-folders support to white-listed folder feature so then you can white-list C:\Users\DardiM\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\

Hi @Noxx,

Thanks for the interest.
Have you considered a drop-box scanner, or there already is one and I'm not aware of it? I'd love to be able to just right-click a file in my downloads folder like some programs and just click scan before executing it.

You can enable Shell integration feature under Settings. After that you can right-click on each file or folder and choose Analyze with Crystal Security. If file is safe then you will not see any alert (also depends on your settings). You can see results for each selected file under Overview section.

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@Kardo Kristal
I would just like to say how much I like Crystal Security...:)
IMO you have done a remarkable job in creating this soft single-handed.
There are those that would say that CS is not necessarily needed on a machine that has an AV+Anti-EXE already, and despite the fact that I understand their point I believe that "needed" comes down to individual interpretation that must take into account the full reasoning behind installing CS.
Many would state that the times of considering a "companion AV" such as "Immunet" have long since passed, but this view does not apply when talking about CS.
Many Anti-Virus users also run a "Real time" Anti-Malware soft such as Malwarebytes or Zemana,and it is especially to those users that I recommend giving Crystal Security a try instead..
IMO, If I was given a FREE choice of running Malwarebytes Pro,Zemana Pro,or Crystal Security...then I would choose Crystal Security all day long..(and I really mean that)
Ok,CS doesn't do "everything",but no soft does...An Anti-Virus does not protect against all malware,and an Anti-EXE does not keep one safe from phishing...
CS is not a pointless additional software aimed at the paranoid,It is a cloud based Anti-Malware with features that give me useful information that many other Security softs do not.
I admire your dedication and commitment in sculpting CS into the product that it is today,Kardo...
You deserve any and all success that comes your way...:)

And to anybody reading this post I urge you to give Kardo (and other sole-developers) more support...
and give Crystal Security a try...What have you got to lose?:)

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @Logethica,

Thank you for the kind words. :)

I am glad that you like Crystal Security. I really appreciate your feedback. :)

Crystal Security is not the best or perfect application and there are still some bugs. Thanks to helpful users here I got a lot of feedback and it is better and better with each new version.

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @Logethica,

Thank you for the kind words. :)

I am glad that you like Crystal Security. I really appreciate your feedback. :)

Crystal Security is not the best or perfect application and there are still some bugs but thanks to helpful users here I got a lot of feedback and it is better and better with each new version.

Regards,
Kardo
You are very welcome,Kardo:)

I

Iangh

I'm confused.:) I want to start CS (win10) with an icon in the task tray alongside the 360TotalSecurity icon. Could somebody please screenshot what settings I should use? I just want CS to start and appear as an icon in the task tray - I don't want it minimised and I don't want to give it permission every-time windows reboots. I assume CS can do this?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

I'm confused. I want to start CS (win10) with an icon in the task tray alongside the 360TotalSecurity icon. Could somebody please screenshot what settings I should use? I just want CS to start and appear as an icon in the task tray - I don't want it minimised

Seems like a bug. Will be fixed.
and I don't want to give it permission every-time windows reboots. I assume CS can do this?

Please try out the following method with Task Scheduler to disable UAC prompt for specific application: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-eliminate-uac-prompts-for-specific-applications-493128966

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I tested with several Browsers : Vivaldi, Firefox, Chrome , IE : It happens only with IE.

Temporary folders => C:\Users\DardiM\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\J9R2LOZ5 that changes
regularly

Hi @DardiM,

Please try out latest build .180. I added sub-directories support to white-listed folders.

Add the following folder to Whitelist: C:\Users\DardiM\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE

After that it should skip all .js changes automatically and without any alert. :)
I'm confused. I want to start CS (win10) with an icon in the task tray alongside the 360TotalSecurity icon. Could somebody please screenshot what settings I should use? I just want CS to start and appear as an icon in the task tray - I don't want it minimised and I don't want to give it permission every-time windows reboots. I assume CS can do this?

@langh,

Your reported issue should be fixed in the latest build. 180. :)

Regards,
Kardo

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Hi @DardiM

Please try out latest build .180. I added sub-directories support to white-listed folders.

Add the following folder to Whitelist: C:\Users\DardiM\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE

After that it should skip all .js changes automatically and without any alert. :)

Regards,
Kardo
Hi @Kardo Kristal !

I will try it today.

Regard,

@DardiM

Edited :

It works like a charm, thanks a lot :)

For people who want to do the same, don't forget that in the path

...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE

there are hidden / protected folders you must make "visible" before adding in Crystal Security.

AppData => choose : "show hidden file/folder or drive"
INetCache => Uncheck : "Hide protected system files"

And don't forget to reverse this changes after folder has been added in Whitelist :)

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Thanks, Kardo, that worked.

Hi @langh,

Why does "start as admin" have to be unchecked to start CS minimized with no user intervemtion? Is this the same with other AVs in that they don't start with admin privileges?

Seems like a bug. I'll look into it.
For people who want to do the same, don't forget that in the path

...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE

there are hidden / protected folders you must make "visible" before adding in Crystal Security.

AppData => choose : "show hidden file/folder or drive"
INetCache => Uncheck : "Hide protected system files"

@DardiM Thanks. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Kardo Kristal,

You have implemented VT in Crystal Security.

Does VT allows you to implement few AVs instead of all the AVs? i.e You can add only reputed & low FPs AVs.
And does VT allows you to list all the AVs in the GUI? i.e You can list AVs for users to select AVs for detection.

Hi @yesnoo,

Thanks for the interest. :)

Yes. It is possible to implement your suggested feature. I'll think about it and maybe I'll add it in the future.

Currently I am focused on new notifications and then multilingual support.

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
do you have some version with database ?

Hi @Mr.NoName,

If you mean version with internal database for offline mode then yes. :)
  • Internal engine
  • Heuristic engine
Both mentioned engines include internal database. They are useful for offline usage. When you are connected to internet then databases are updated automatically after some interval. You can enable/disable database updates via Settings.

Regards,
Kardo

Mr.NoName

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2016
Hi @Mr.NoName,

If you mean version with internal database for offline mode then yes. :)
  • Internal engine
  • Heuristic engine
Both mentioned engines include internal database. They are useful for offline usage. When you are connected to internet then databases are updated automatically after some interval. You can enable/disable database updates via Settings.

Regards,
Kardo
what db you use then

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.