Wise Disk Cleaner

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
The problem is not youtube.
The thing is that e10 of FF is using more CPU on every site i am visiting i comparison with chromium.
I am using extensions to change that but i am not satisfied with the results i am getting.
So for the moment i am sticking with Cent.
When the new version of FF comes out i will surely try it.
As for Edge i can't say much about it's performance because i don't use it very often.
How do you compare browsers you've tried in terms of resource usage and efficiency since CPU usage might not directly correlate with it given there are other factors almost always at play?
Firefox, I found to be very volatile with extensions. Extensions could really slow it down like restoring a lot of tabs and make it a CPU hog. WebExtensions would force good addons to be less volatile and bad addons from uncommited developers to die out and Chrome should also benefit from this.

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Apparently, Cent has lazy loading of tabs. By the way, have you tried and compared the Nightly/Canary/Dev versions of the popular browsers with their Stable counterparts?

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@TerrakionSmash you are right, Cent has lazy loading.
I haven't done a comparison between dev versions and their stable.
By the way now i am using Cyberfox Intel 64 bit as my main browser, Cent only for some specific sites.

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.