Solved Too many processes on Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl4cK1911

Thread author
Apr 1, 2012
Hello! First of all, sorry if I post in wrong section but I have a question:
I reinstalled windows 7 on someone's laptop and after installing drivers (a click and install process) he have about 70-80 processes in Task Manager eating up to 1.5gb ram from 4 (actually on Properties it says 2.8, it haves a integrated Intel HD but the laptop is switching automatically on Nvidia 620m (1gb) when on a game/program ).
What could be the problem and what do you recommend?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Open CCleaner > Tools > Startup > Under the first (Windows) tab > Save to text file.

Copy the contents and paste here.

Upvote 0

Bl4cK1911

Thread author
Apr 1, 2012
Ok.. I'll post a pic later. Thanks so much for the reply :D .At the startup thing.. there are just the intel processes and drivers stuff with intel at the description :p

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
My Acer laptop has about 90 processes running mostly because of Intel drivers however this doesn't cause any performance issues.

Did you use the official Windows disks or recovery console that came with the laptop or just a Windows disk? If you did not use the official recovery method for the laptop, then you might not have the correct drivers installed. Some drivers for laptops are only available with the included Windows disk or recovery console, you can not download them.

If the recovery partition gets damaged or there is no Windows disk you have to contact the laptop vendor to get a copy of the Windows disk with the correct drivers.

I never recommend reinstalling Windows on a laptop without the recovery console or official Windows disk that came with the laptop. It will just continue to have problems with hardware and drivers and you will void any warranties and support from the laptop vendor.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can cut those figures in half when you do a clean install. Running generic drivers isn't too bad if all you use your PC for, is browse and watch Youtube videos -like me. :p

Littlebits said:
My Acer laptop has about 90 processes running mostly because of Intel drivers however this doesn't cause any performance issues.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
You can cut those figures in half when you do a clean install. Running generic drivers isn't too bad if all you use your PC for, is browse and watch Youtube videos -like me. :p

Littlebits said:

My laptop is just using the Acer Intel drivers that it came with, I have not installed any additional driver updates from Intel or changed the generic drivers, I only use the Acer software updater to install driver updates. Doing a custom install will void my two year warranty with Acer. However I could manually disable unneeded Windows Services to cut down on some processes but since my laptop has no performance issues and runs very fast, there really is no need to. I have already uninstalled the Acer bundled crap that was pre-installed and that got rid of a lot of processes.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

Bl4cK1911

Thread author
Apr 1, 2012
Thank you so much for the replies. This community is awesome.. so fast replies. I think I'll spend more time here and be more active :) I love it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.