Toolwiz timefreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
Anyone else have trouble booting after they install Toolwiz Timefreeze?
I really would like to use this but last time it left me unable to boot.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
So clean your PC, with CCleaner if you wish ..
Delete too all Restore points (without the last, of course) in System Volume Information (on Windows XP).
Clean your fan, why not.

With Toolwiz TimeFreeze, I had the slowdowns, but no boot problems.

Boot problems (very long boot time) - I had with TDSSKiller (by Kaspersky) - so I deleted it and tried the Restore point - after that no more boot problem.;)

I hope that these informations are useful to you ..

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Why delete the restore points?
Also did it slow you down alot or tiny bit?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Luckily, I've had no issues with ToolWiz TimeFreeze, and no slow downs at all with this product.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I do indeed. I use TimeFreeze with Zemana AntiLogger (beta).

I also use the File Locker for my personal folders when in Frozen mode (ie. Testing out software).

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
Yes, I am running it on W7 32bit and currently and hopefully will have no issues! I like it a lot!

D Bone

May 28, 2011
I tried it several times and it tried to brick my machine on boot every time.................Good luck!

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
KelvinW4 said:
Anyone else have trouble booting after they install Toolwiz Timefreeze?
I really would like to use this but last time it left me unable to boot.

I did experience a booting issue once on my work pc, which was strange i was not able to restore from a image file as well and had to do a clean install.

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
Uninstalled. Had troubles shutting down! Shutdown Freezes and computer doesn't close. Life- 1 day :D

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
I don't think it's conflict. I mean on a clean machine this happens. Could it be Scotty the watchdog attacking it?:dodgy:

D Bone

May 28, 2011
When I tried it, it was installed on a clean install and was the first and only security product installed. Nothing else in terms of security whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.