Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Article last updated July 28, 2023

Typically, any VPN that costs under $3.00 per month is cheap, while we consider more expensive any VPN priced over $6.00 per month.

There’s also the option of using free VPNs, but be careful as many free VPNs are not safe to use.
Based on the cheapest price of each of our 20 highest-rated VPNs, the average monthly cost of a VPN is now $4.11. This has risen from the previous average of $3.94.

However, paying on a month-to-month basis, the average price of a VPN service rises to $11.77 (previously $11.34).

View Table

That said, the best VPNs aren’t free. You’ll have to pay a modest monthly fee to protect your privacy, security, and freedom online.

To get the best VPN deal, you’ll need to commit to at least a 12-month contract, payable upfront.

Buying a VPN subscription can therefore represent a meaningful investment, so do your research.
Simply put, a VPN safeguards your privacy, security and internet freedom for as little as $2-3 per month. That’s great value.
Read more: How Much Does a VPN Cost? | Compare VPN Prices in 2023

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
There are very little vpn companies with enough credibility
Personally I don't use VPNs except to access region lock as there is zero security benefit as everything is encrypted
But those who do only one with a track record I can recommend is mullvad

Personally I just use some vpn that's sticked with my Usenet sub for the region locked stuff
and probably would never pay for a vpn unless my country becomes china
And then stuff like tor i2p etc would be preferable

Reactions: Dave Russo

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Thank you for mentioning PIA VPN. I have also used Express, but it's simply too expensive. I will try PIA one month, and I write about my experience.
PIA is really good. Used it for years. Now i use Norton Secure VPN because it comes with my Norton Premium Subscription and i do not want to pay anymore for VPN.
If i ever need another VPN again i will for sure go back to PIA.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
PIA is really good. Used it for years. Now i use Norton Secure VPN because it comes with my Norton Premium Subscription and i do not want to pay anymore for VPN.
Personally i find very little use to vpn
but might use it to access self hosted services at home outside my network safety
obviously self hosted
you can't hack anyone with ip alone
that's just the address you need a way to exploit yourself in
and if everyone address is public and is switched randomly cuz there isn't enough for everybody cuz ipv4 good luck with that

Attacker basically has invented Google maps lol
And with random addresses
As long as you aren't a target who cares if they know your address
Does google get hacked cuz there ip is static and public nah

Since the address if a home is dynamic and just general location only isp knows exact location and government not an attacker who doesn't have internal access to isps database to match exactly a customer to an address

So a address dynamic and encrypted traffic by ssl isn't enough ?
Then use tor not some vpn that doesn't update their libraries

Personally i find very little use to vpn
but might use it to access self hosted services at home outside my network safety
obviously self hosted
you can't hack anyone with ip alone
that's just the address you need a way to exploit yourself in
and if everyone address is public and is switched randomly cuz there isn't enough for everybody cuz ipv4 good luck with that

Attacker basically has invented Google maps lol
And with random addresses
As long as you aren't a target who cares if they know your address
Does google get hacked cuz there ip is static and public nah

Since the address if a home is dynamic and just general location only isp knows exact location and government not an attacker who doesn't have internal access to isps database to match exactly a customer to an address

So a address dynamic and encrypted traffic by ssl isn't enough ?
Then use tor not some vpn that doesn't update their libraries
I bet cruel sister and other security focused guys wouldn't use a vpn from one of these YouTube ads if any
But that's just my opinion

Edit Added a YouTube link to some popular reverse engineering channel that's has a similar recommendation

VPNs are snakeoil for most people except region locks
And Maybe criminals cuz mullvad but they would just use an actual secure tor i2p etc
As mullvad can be forced for logging although so far they always denied any form of logging from enforcement

Actually probably a good question via how does vpn add to your security
Always ExpressVPN as the best, so bought test. It definitely is not the best compared to PIA. ExpressVPN is Expensive like hell.
I wonder what uses you guys have out of VPNs
I wouldn't say I don't use it for region locked content and game tests
but can't find s single reason other then that as anything privacy you have free alternatives better then any vpn for privacy
And for security everything has ssl and one day anti quantum algorithms everywhere
Government alone has really hard time with today's encryption to decrypt at scale so good luck with more random algorithms XD

Actually probably a good question via how does vpn add to your security

I wonder what uses you guys have out of VPNs
I wouldn't say I don't use it for region locked content and game tests
but can't find s single reason other then that as anything privacy you have free alternatives better then any vpn for privacy
And for security everything has ssl and one day anti quantum algorithms everywhere
Government alone has really hard time with today's encryption to decrypt at scale so good luck with more random algorithms XD
It would be much cheaper to pay every employee bin google for private keys then the amount of power you would need to real time decrypt any ssl connection so government today only uses it for targets not sure even if realtime probably cherry picked traffic as well
As being not real time I bet

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I
As promised I bought one month to try PIA out, and I think it's okay. It dont give same speed as Express VPN, it's a little slower, but if you have a reasonable connection, you dont feel it. At least to browsing etc. At the moment I have 350 MB down, and thats more than enough for me. Without it, I have around 600 MB down and I have not even tried to experiment with the different protocols. I bought it yesteday, and I'm just using the default Wireguard. 👍
Thanks for mention it.

Edit. This is 2 day with PIA VPN, and I must say it's a really good VPN. Today I almost have the same download speed as without VPN. 😲

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I bought a life time subscription for 30 euro's of BulletVPN. When companies start to sell lifetime licenses, their lifetime is usually shortened to a few years (because they go out of business). So be warned :) I checked and today it is even cheaper (30 dollars) LINK

Speed is okay, but sometimes their servers go down and I have to select another server in the same city.

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.