Total Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Thinking about buying Total Uninstall Professional but first have a few questions.

So let me get this straight Total Uninstall Pro is $39.99 plus $20 every year to stay up to date ? Is it worth it ?

I was going to redo my whole system maybe and install everything monitored by Total Uninstall.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Just do a fresh install of Windows. That should be more than enough PLUS its free. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
May I ask if it is worth it?
Considering the other free choices or you can use system images to recover after a bodged uninstallation, I would say save your money for something else.

Reactions: JM Safe
H

hjlbx

If you ask me it is not worth the cost. In fact, if you don't pay very careful, time-consuming attention while using Total Uninstall, you can mess things up badly.

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
It is worth every penny. It uninstalled software that did not appear in Add/remove programs or that were very difficult or impossible to remove by other uninstallers. For instance, Newsoftware`s Usb Block. This program is hidden from add/remove programs, it is not system or hidden process but it simply could not be uninstalled by any other uninstaller. Total Uninstall did it, although it was password protected the uninstallation. :)

I will surely buy it when my trial ends.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
beware of uninstallation programs that promise to follow every step and undo it totally -- sometimes a different process runs while your program is being installed or right after, and that gets recorded too, and then, when you total-uninstall the program, you will uninstall that process, too.

Reactions: Ana_Filiz

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It is worth every penny. It uninstalled software that did not appear in Add/remove programs or that were very difficult or impossible to remove by other uninstallers. For instance, Newsoftware`s Usb Block. This program is hidden from add/remove programs, it is not system or hidden process but it simply could not be uninstalled by any other uninstaller. Total Uninstall did it, although it was password protected the uninstallation. :)

I will surely buy it when my trial ends.
Does it make you question about the software you installing in the FIRST place? If your C:/ drive is partitioned for Programs only (ie. no Personal folder), then creating a system image to an external medium would be ideal to revert back to.
Even with Total Uninstall, your PC is infected, what then? A backup system image would be ideal an other option to malware removal. Total Uninstall will not undo the changes of ransomware.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It uninstalled software that did not appear in Add/remove programs or that were very difficult or impossible to remove by other uninstallers.
that sounds like a great function, I like that.
does anyone out there know how one could do such a thing on their own, or with a cheap/free program?

Reactions: Ana_Filiz
S

Smith83

or with a cheap/free program?

Geek Uninstaller.Fast effective program removal when others fail.
Reveal Hidden Programs with D-Uninstaller.

Got a problem with anything that one of these tools may miss, then seek it out manually with Everything Search Engine - Use that in conjunction with Unlocker. If you do use unlocker, it is bundled with third party apps, pay attention when installing it. Also, registrar registry manager, to seek and destroy and remants of the program in the registry, a cleaning with CCleaners registry cleaner after program uninstall is also a viable option.

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
Does it make you question about the software you installing in the FIRST place? If your C:/ drive is partitioned for Programs only (ie. no Personal folder), then creating a system image to an external medium would be ideal to revert back to.
Even with Total Uninstall, your PC is infected, what then? A backup system image would be ideal an other option to malware removal. Total Uninstall will not undo the changes of ransomware.

Excellent remark and wise also. Thanks Huracan, you`re perfectly right but in my case I installed a legitimate bought software called Usb Block to password protect my usb drives from unauthorized access. Then, I decided to uninstall it and use another program called Stop Usb by Everstrike, one of my favorite security company. Being a security product the only way to uninstall it is through its own password protected uninstaller but it leaves traces on your PC so my Revo and Uninstall Tool and others (Reg Organiser uninstall feature, Your Uninstaller) simply cannot find it in my PC, even with the hunter mode enabled could not be uninstalled and then, guess what, my romanian soft Total Uninstall (gj Gavrila Martau) did it and removed it completely, services, dll, registry, files, everything and that`s why I decided suddenly that I must have it. :p

One can always perform backups and restore system but it is simplier (huh! but not safer) :rolleyes: with uninstallers. With good quality ones. I took into consideration the advice to be very careful when monitoring new installations. Excellent community here, very skilled and helpful. I simply love MalwareTips as it creates addiction for me with my daily/hourly visit. :)

Thank you all,
Hugs,
Ana F.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Wow this topic has really gone for a while! Thanks everyone! Very helpful info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.