Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks like they're moving to HTTPS and a new version coming soon.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=170e6820132b02cb067d9a39b8c96fc0&showtopic=36504&view=findpost&p=152225

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
BitDefender TrafficLight Homepage
Version: 0.2.1
Updated: Thursday, September 6, 2012

TrafficLight for Chrome

TrafficLight for Firefox

Apparently still not implemented HTTPS. - LINK

5oWW6.jpg

lBgmm.jpg

tDqlL.jpg

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
No HTTPS and No Web installer version= damn shame :(
Firefox link is still offering old version number Jan 2012 ---

Aventador

Sep 5, 2012
Trafficlight does not need to be downloaded and installed. It can be added merely as a browser add on. Both FF and Chrime have thus feature in there store. Trafficlight does not need to be seperately installed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
However, the Web Installer version can be installed for IE users or those who want a little more from TrafficLight, even though their AV should cover those areas.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
My preference i always use the web installer version, no performance loss or issues /

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's the resource usage like?

I prefer the extension install, easier to manage. I also found extensions on IE normally slow down or crash their browser.

Finally the scrapped the hidden toolbar, what's the look on IE now?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Earth said:
What's the resource usage like?

I prefer the extension install, easier to manage. I also found extensions on IE normally slow down or crash their browser.

Finally the scrapped the hidden toolbar, what's the look on IE now?

Well i've not used it in some time but resource was average around 3-9mb working set, very similar to K9's service.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Aventador said:
Trafficlight does not need to be downloaded and installed. It can be added merely as a browser add on. Both FF and Chrime have thus feature in there store. Trafficlight does not need to be seperately installed.

well full installer works on any browser IE, Maxthon, Chrome, FF etc....specially for those browser who doesn't have add-on support....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
*Process, 1 process / 1 service to be exact.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=36504&view=findpost&p=157400

In the latest update for the browser extensions, the requests are made via HTTPS. The desktop version will be updated soon.

Thank you for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.