Hot Take It's important for Emsisoft a safebanking Browser;

Emsisoft
42 Replies 5,899 Views
Emsisoft does not have a safe banking browser like other similar suites. Do you consider this a reason why it is at a disadvantage
Emsisoft is never going to develop a safebanking browser. Back in the day there was a lot of discussion, technical details about how Emsisoft covered online transactions, and other stuff on its support forum. But those infos are no longer available.

You can submit questions about how Emsisoft protects online transactions to its support and will receive a reply. It probably will not be very detailed to your satisfaction.

You can also search the Emsisoft News archive about "online banking."
 
Emsisoft is never going to develop a safebanking browser. Back in the day there was a lot of discussion, technical details about how Emsisoft covered online transactions, and other stuff on its support forum. But those infos are no longer available.

You can submit questions about how Emsisoft protects online transactions to its support and will receive a reply. It probably will not be very detailed to your satisfaction.

You can also search the Emsisoft News archive about "online banking."
I tried doing a patent search to see how exactly they may be protecting transactions but Emsisoft does not really patent anything it seems, there is nothing found for Emsisoft LTD.

We'll have to assume Behavioural Blocking may be protecting the browser from patching/hooking and other attempts for intrusions, commonly used by malware.
 
I tried doing a patent search to see how exactly they may be protecting transactions but Emsisoft does not really patent anything it seems, there is nothing found for Emsisoft LTD.

We'll have to assume Behavioural Blocking may be protecting the browser from patching/hooking and other attempts for intrusions, commonly used by malware.
I did some quick searches using various search terms on different databases but nothing was returned linked to Emsisoft or its principals.
 
well I am in the minority apparently, my Emsisoft license recently expired and I did not renew, but not exactly for lack of a banking browser; however I do have Eset Ultimate installed on a VM and its Safe-Banking works very smoothly, it opens the current Edge and does things with DNS and other security features that according to ChatGPT 5, make it very strong for financial transactions. Perhaps it is BS? And I do not necessarily boot that VM to purchase something. Eg, ChatGPT said Eset's safe-banking is stronger than then TrendMicro's. Just my experience.
 
So much discussion about a dead company and irrelevant software. I really used to love Emsisoft and still do but it's been left behind like so many other companies.
Emsisoft is still alive and financially sound. Christian Mairoll decided to drastically cut expenses by closing the support forum, no advertising, no high-cost antivirus lab testing, move 100% to a telenetwork company model, hire people in eastern Europe and other low-cost labor markets (e.g. India), and change focus from consumers to enterprise and governments.

Christian does not care much about what home users think and want. For over a decade Emsisoft tried to satisfy them and all it did was cause Emsisoft troubles and expense.

Christian's life-style objective is to live in the New Zealand hills and raise sheep and live the digital remote working life, which he has achieved. Fabian Wosar remains very active, but stays away from home users and forums. Most everybody at Emsisoft does.

Same product. Same team. They respond to reports of deficiencies and problems as they always have.

Christian's decisions might not be liked by many, but he is living his best life.
 
Emsisoft is still alive and financially sound. Christian Mairoll decided to drastically cut expenses by closing the support forum, no advertising, no high-cost antivirus lab testing, move 100% to a telenetwork company model, hire people in eastern Europe and other low-cost labor markets (e.g. India), and change focus from consumers to enterprise and governments.

Christian does not care much about what home users think and want. For over a decade Emsisoft tried to satisfy them and all it did was cause Emsisoft troubles and expense.

Christian's life-style objective is to live in the New Zealand hills and raise sheep and live the digital remote working life, which he has achieved. Fabian Wosar remains very active, but stays away from home users and forums. Most everybody at Emsisoft does.

Same product. Same team. They respond to reports of deficiencies and problems as they always have.

Christian's decisions might not be liked by many, but he is living his best life.

And very nice it is too in the Nelson NZ area, my friend is a Kiwi & from Nelson, & been over a couple of times, last time I was there super fast fibre was being rolled out thought NZ.
 
Emsisoft is still alive and financially sound. Christian Mairoll decided to drastically cut expenses by closing the support forum, no advertising, no high-cost antivirus lab testing, move 100% to a telenetwork company model, hire people in eastern Europe and other low-cost labor markets (e.g. India), and change focus from consumers to enterprise and governments.

Christian does not care much about what home users think and want. For over a decade Emsisoft tried to satisfy them and all it did was cause Emsisoft troubles and expense.

Christian's life-style objective is to live in the New Zealand hills and raise sheep and live the digital remote working life, which he has achieved. Fabian Wosar remains very active, but stays away from home users and forums. Most everybody at Emsisoft does.

Same product. Same team. They respond to reports of deficiencies and problems as they always have.

Christian's decisions might not be liked by many, but he is living his best life.
I used it for several years but when they rolled out a management console for home users I quickly switched providers. I didn't think it was something home users really needed and it gave me issues as well.
 
I used it for several years but when they rolled out a management console for home users I quickly switched providers. I didn't think it was something home users really needed and it gave me issues as well.
I didn't & don't like the web management console either, it requires gowning an extra brain to use it - As things are I rarely had to delve into it :)
 
I used it for several years but when they rolled out a management console for home users I quickly switched providers. I didn't think it was something home users really needed and it gave me issues as well.
Emsisoft has clearly moved on from a consumer-only product company.

Many security software publisher's now provide an online management portal. The whole idea being "centralized" management of a multitude of devices - let's say 5 laptops, a desktop PC or two, a tablet or two, and then a mobile phone for each family member.

I have yet to meet a "family security administrator" that actually uses the feature regularly or to the full extent possible.

I think it is just an extension of enterprise/government features and it is just more efficient for the software publisher to include it in the consumer products. I don't have any statistics, but I'd be very surprised if there was a high request rate for a centralized online management portal from home consumers.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top