System Specs Transhumana's laptop

Discussion in 'Showcase Hardware' started by Transhumana, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Transhumana

Transhumana Level 5

Jul 6, 2017
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Built on/Last upgrade on:
    11/2017
    Type:
    Notebook
    Brand & Model:
    Lenovo Legion Y520
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    CPU (Processor):
    Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.50GHz / 3.50GHz (6MB cache) Kaby Lake
    Memory (RAM):
    1 x 8GB DDR4-2400 MHz , 2 slots available
    GPU (Graphics Card):
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
    Storage:
    1TB SATA

comes with M.2 SSD/ PCIe slot
    Monitor (Display):
    15.6" IPS Full HD 1920 x 1080 AntiGlare
    Extra Details:
    1x USB 3.1 Type C, 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, Card Reader: SD
    Got this new baby machine a week ago. :D
    So far I've been very happy with it, it has more than enough power for all my requirements. The next step will be buying an SSD for that empty M.2 SSD/ PCIe slot.
    And it doesn't look too gamerish, or at least until you open the lid. lol.

2. Weebarra

Weebarra Level 7

Apr 5, 2017
    Somewhere in Scottieland
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    Sounds great my friend, i googled it when you told me you had got it and it looks like a baby monster machine. You need to love and nurture it well, feed it often and it will reward you with many years of satisfaction that you created a wonderful being (with the help of some good software and a few bucks spent) :p

I am still trying to get my head around what an ssd is and if i would benefit from a new machine with one (i am a bit behind the times, lol)

3. Transhumana

Transhumana Level 5

Jul 6, 2017
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Hopefully I won't be feeding it; a long long time a go I gave a little bit of drink to my old IBM laptop and it didn't end well. :ROFLMAO:
    Solid state drive (SSD) is a lot faster, there is no data fragmentation with it and it offers much better performance. I refurbished my old Lenovo M30-70 two months ago and after getting an SSD it felt like I got myself a completely new machine. I use only linux on it now and it runs like crazily fast. :D

4. plat1098

plat1098 Level 5

Aug 23, 2017
    Brooklyn
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I looked this one up, it is a beauty, inside and out! Congratulations! :cool:(y)

5. Transhumana

Transhumana Level 5

Jul 6, 2017
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Thanks! :giggle:

6. Weebarra

Weebarra Level 7

Apr 5, 2017
    Somewhere in Scottieland
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    Been there and done that, only i decided to clean my keyboard with liquid kitchen cleaner which i sprayed all over it :eek: and short circuited something, i have also given it the odd drink of tea and it doesn't like it :ROFLMAO: but my little lappy is still alive even after the torture i inflicted upon it.

Thanks for info on ssd, i have got the gist of it but i'm still unsure if i need one, i will decide hopefully before The Three Kings arrive :) Enjoy your new machine.(y)

7. Transhumana

Transhumana Level 5

Jul 6, 2017
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    It seems that yours was much luckier than mine which got it's motherboard fried with either gin-tonic or red wine and coca-cola mixture, don't remember anymore. After that incident I learned to keep drinks far far away from my machines if I'm making any kind of party. :ROFLMAO:

Give it a thought and see if both you and your machine might benefit with getting it. :)

8. rockstarrocks

rockstarrocks Level 14

Apr 16, 2017
    Civil Engineer
    Delhi>India>Asia>Earth>S.S.>Milky way>Our Universe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Nice solid rig, Damn whistle whistle:whistle:. Compared to your's mine looks like a thin 10 yr old boy in front of a powerlifter:cry:.
    Edit: Aren't you forgetting something? Pictures of something new!!

9. Transhumana

Transhumana Level 5

Jul 6, 2017
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Thanks! :)
    Nah, I wouldn't say so. If I remember correctly, the Asus that you bought not long ago seems like a pretty good machine. :)
    Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me :LOL:I promise I'll put a pic or two soon :giggle: