Status
Not open for further replies.

Transhumana

Level 5
Verified
Have you considered migrating to Windows 10?
Secure config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
Thank you for your comment; it's good to hear that my configuration is secure :D
Even though I'm far from being a happy-clicker and I do consider myself as cautious user, I think one can never be careful enough.
I only took a small peek at Windows 10 while I was installing few programs on my dad's PC, but I might give it a go in the future.

Do you use hardened mode on Avast?
Yes. :)

Transhumana

Level 5
Verified
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind when I decide to migrate to Windows 10. :)
Two months ago I downloaded the trial version of HitmanPro.Alert just to give it a go and loved it, especially its keystroke encryption.

FrFc1908

Level 19
avast - hmpa - mbam---> overkill! plus mbam is at best a so so on demand scanner , uses up a lot of needless ram in realtime. best to stick with avast in hardened mode and hmpa as extra safety net. thanks for sharing your config with us ;)

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Looks good for me, thanks for sharing.

The only risk I see is that something can happen to your data while your backup disk is connected to your computer (I know this will be quite rare)

Transhumana

Level 5
Verified
Thank you for your comment, Glashouse. :) It's a valid argument and even though it might not be that probable (everything is stored both on WD Elements and WD My Book), it's still possible and maybe I should consider some cloud-based backup service as well.

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Sure, there are lots of others like Backblaze, Carbonite, ... I tested them years ago and came to the conclusion that for my needs crashplan is good, for you... you have to see yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.