Status
Not open for further replies.

Transhumana

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
In next few weeks I'll be migrating to Win 10 (probably when Fall Creators Update arrives) so I started rethinking my security configuration. Potential configuration looks something like this:

Avast IS + HMP.A + VS or
KAF + HMP.A + VS + Comodo Firewall or
KIS + HMP.A + VS

+all those browser extensions and second opinion scanners that I'm already using
+Acronis True Image or RollBack Rx Home

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
In next few weeks I'll be migrating to Win 10 (probably when Fall Creators Update arrives) so I started rethinking my security configuration. Potential configuration looks something like this:

Avast IS + HMP.A + VS or
KAF + HMP.A + VS + Comodo Firewall or
KIS + HMP.A + VS

+all those browser extensions and second opinion scanners that I'm already using
+Acronis True Image or RollBack Rx Home

ALL of those configs you are mentioning above are OVERKILL! if it where up to me...... paid : kis confiured with jacks guide , that whas posted here on mt a while ago. or free avast in hardened mode with comodo firewall at cruelsisters settings and you are good . no chance of overlapp or conflicts in any way! remeber : less IS ,more!!!

Transhumana

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Thank you for your opinion, Trickster! :) I'm familiar with both Jack's KIS guide and CF at CS settings and I've been using avast in a hardened mode for a long time now. :D
I've always been prone to dancing on a slightly overkill side of security configuration, but as long as it works on that specific system and products don't conflict with each other, it's fine with me. :D

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
A good lite config for new Win10: HMP.A & VS
2: EmsiSoft & VS
3: Sophos home beta w/ HMPA baked in & VS
theres a good start that will give you some browser security too, so you can eliminate some of your addons which will
in turn speed up your browsing, and keep you snug security-wise. ;)

Transhumana

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Moved from Win 8.1 Enterprise to Win 10 Enterprise.
Removed: Avast IS, HitmanPro.Alert
Added: Kaspersky IS, VS, Macrium Reflect Free, RollBack Rx Home

Trying out the trial version of KIS and free version of VS to see how it works together on Win 10 before I decide to stick to it. I was sad to let HMPA go because it really grew on me, but it probably wouldn't be smart to have it with KIS. Is KeyScrambler good alternative to HMPA's keystroke encryption?

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Moved from Win 8.1 Enterprise to Win 10 Enterprise.
Removed: Avast IS, HitmanPro.Alert
Added: Kaspersky IS, VS, Macrium Reflect Free, RollBack Rx Home

Trying out the trial version of KIS and free version of VS to see how it works together on Win 10 before I decide to stick to it. I was sad to let HMPA go because it really grew on me, but it probably wouldn't be smart to have it with KIS. Is KeyScrambler good alternative to HMPA's keystroke encryption?
Good move but have you experienced some kind of problem/incompatibility between RRX and Macrium?

Transhumana

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Not yet, as it has only been a couple of hours since I installed both of them and I haven't used Macrium yet. :)
On my previous system I was usually making system images with windows built-in tool. I did use RRX for a short period of time and liked the idea of it, even though it seemed a bit moody and buggy at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.