2019Ti16__EN_FE_web-threats.png

Avoid web threats
Defend against ransomware and other online dangers.h​
2019Ti16__EN_FE_protect-email.png
Protect your email
Keeps scams out of your inbox

2019Ti16__EN_FE_browse-safely.png
Browse safely
Block dangerous websites that can steal personal data.
2019Ti16__EN_FE_stop-viruses.png
Stop viruses
Prevent malicious software attacks​

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Any chancelog or improvements?

Have had it installed on one of my desktops, and quite frankly it seems to be the same cup of soup just reheated. I've had a case opened with Trend Technical support since last fall...... Seems to be a huge lack of support from Trend. Once a week I get an email asking....

"This system-generated email message was sent to you because we have not received a response in the past few days.
We just want to know if the solution provided to you has helped resolve your concern or if there is anything else that we can help you with. Please let us know by replying to this email along with any relevant information and we will get back to you as soon as we can."

Problem is, they have never offered any resolve. of course I always get auto generated emails. SUPPORT, PEOPLE!!!!!

Glad I don't presently pay for it. Was a one year key floating around last year as a giveaway.....Guess you get what you pay for.

Great protection, a pity that there is no privacy with it installed.
Amen to that.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
From what I am seeing in the malware hub, Trend Micro is doing well. I think they should now focus on making their product lighter on resources. Regarding protection, it is decent.

Personally, I have 3 pc’s running Trend at the time, one beta, 16.xxx, and 2 running 15.xxxx versions. I think that they run lighter than anything else we’re using. All the big brands seem to be running lighter with every new version.(especially Norton)

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I found it had a very good BB when i tested it some time ago..:)
Agree to that, when you enable folder shield on the user folder and the folders with private info like photos, documents the protection is superb.
Really one of the best BB out there!

When using TM be sure to select the EU version when living in Europe, GDPR is active on this version.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Update: short review of Trend Micro IS 2020. it's the same resource hog like the old version.
same GUI, same settings :sleep: uninstall process was a horror trip...uninstaller was frozen and my system was broken :mad:

Sadly, Trend Micro had it's day in the sun. It's all downhill from here IMO. It's almost like the cancerous energy of Booz Allen Hamilton rubbed off on Trend and the decline was precipitated with that alliance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.