App Review Trend Micro Test-Windowsdefender

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windowsdefender

Thread author
Aug 31, 2011
My test of Trend micro Titanium with webfilter on and off, surprice at the end :p

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Trend Micro has a very good webfilter. That is one of the best components of the suite. It's AV engine is not the best because when it scans a file it uploads it to the online scanner to check if it passes as a virus. Plus normal people would keep the webfilter enabled.

Nice review.

windowsdefender

Thread author
Aug 31, 2011
Just testing, that is my standard protocol for AVs that have web filters that block all the links.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
When I checked Trend Micro Titanium, I found pretty much what your video shows, excellent web filter but nothing else. If somebody wants an excellent filter, get Panda URL filter, it works great without having to install a full antivirus.

Bo

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Trend Micro roots it strength from its Web Filter, I like the results but I tend to like suites that has a good overall protection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Webfilter for Trend Micro is the backbone that makes the detection rates solid. Very essential feature.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Webfilter for Trend Micro is the backbone that makes the detection rates solid. Very essential feature.

Agreed. That is what I got in my tests that I did with Trend for a couple of years.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Exactly, if there web filter didn't do well then this product would not do overall performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.