Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Av-Test has tested Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 , here are the results :

Detection : For this test AV-Test used 105,000 malware samples colected in the recent months.
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 got outstanding results , managing to detect 99.25% of the malware samples.
The result is significantly higher than the industry average for July (96.14%).

Removal : The removal of active malware threats has revealed some problems in Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012. AV-Test installed 31 malware samples on a virtual machine.Trend Micro's new flagship has detected 30 samples, but it was able to remove only 20 threats.
As a result Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 got a 64,5% disinfection rate for the removal test, well below the average of the industry which is 80.7%.

Rootkits : In detecting and removing rootkits test , Trend Micro Titanium 2012 detected 9 out of 10 rootkits but it manage to remove just 8 rootkits.

Web-based malware : In the so-called real-world test with zero day threats , Titanium 2012 has manage to block 26 out of the 28 malicious links, getting 92.9% detection rate.

Source

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
RE: Trend Micro Titanium 2012 tested by Av-Test

In my test, Trend Micro failed to block a trojan ransomware and let the malware lock my system.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like Trend Micro is known for good blocking of viruses/malware but not in removal capabilities.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
right , but TM can't block by web filter. then, let the file downloaded and infect system ,that's on my test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.