Status
Not open for further replies.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Nice. I find HitmanPro.Alert kinda redundant here - if you have your Comodo suite well tweaked youll need nothing else.
Still, all areas are well covered. You certainly are in absolute control.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I suggest Kaspersky :)

thanks for the suggestion. on a poweful desktop maybe , but if you like me have a budget laptop ( yes I am a cheapskate when it comes to that :D ) with amd dual core and 4gb ram , it will be a resource hog. I had kaspersky is 2 years back and used it for 2 days and donated the key to a former member here. I am really not into kaspersky , I am sorry to say.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
thanks for the suggestion. on a poweful desktop maybe , but if you like me have a budget laptop ( yes I am a cheapskate when it comes to that :D ) with amd dual core and 4gb ram , it will be a resource hog. I had kaspersky is 2 years back and used it for 2 days and donated the key to a former member here. I am really not into kaspersky , I am sorry to say.
Can I ask why?
Kaspersky Is really good these days As performance.

Reactions: SHvFl

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Why i not like it? Too many Bells and whistles, heavy on recources, puts a drag on browsing, to overrated and overprized. Many mt members use this program and praise it , but it does not give me butterflies in my stomach. Besides that there are setups with have the same Result, without no cost at all. :)

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Why i not like it? Too many Bells and whistles, heavy on recources, puts a drag on browsing, to overrated and overprized. Many mt members use this program and praise it , but it does not give me butterflies in my stomach. Besides that there are setups with have the same Result, without no cost at all. :)
to overrated???
No Kaspersky Its Just one of the best Security Suites out there!
Overpriced? - 8$ key on G2A licence for KIS for 1 Year
Its Actually Very quiet on the 2018 Version
It Is not heavy as even In my familly laptop It runs well
Many MT members here use for a good reason.

Reactions: SHvFl and FrFc1908

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I guess your taste of security product just differs from mine and sure you can get cheap licenses for kaspersky on ebay there is no denying that. But like all things in live : different people , different tastes. If something works for you.....stick with it. :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
removed CIS , it interfered with windows updates.

added : KPN Veilig ( Fsecure Internet Security 2017 rebrand ) - Binisoft windows firewall control. hopefully the windows updates will not occur again ;)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
removed : KNP veilig , had a sence of false security.

replaced : Qihoo Total Security Premium ( bought a license 22-06-2017 ) - Binisoft Windows Firewall Control premium ( bought a license 22-06-2017 )

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
removed : KNP veilig , had a sence of false security.

replaced : Qihoo Total Security Premium ( bought a license 22-06-2017 ) - Binisoft Windows Firewall Control premium ( bought a license 22-06-2017 )
I wouldn't do this, but you know me I am not judging brother ;)
Keep us informed on how this works out, thanks for sharing !

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Naamloos.jpg
hi @BugCode , qihoo does indeed have a sandbox :) , I also have timefreez at hand for testing , before things get sour :p

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I wouldn't do this, but you know me I am not judging brother ;)
Keep us informed on how this works out, thanks for sharing !

hi cg yes I know that most people will disagree on qihoo. my personal experience is that my setup as it is right now , runs smooth. I like the premium product and I will see how it holds up on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.