What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
The biggest problem I had with BD is the update size is much larger than other AVs. On an SSD that does cause a lot of writes. Not the end of the world, but it is a bit harder on SSDs than others.
On average, 400 MB writes on every update and 800 MB-1 GB after a night.
@Trooper On Enterprise edition, you can do this to make sure the least amount of telemetry is submitted to Microsoft.
reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t reg_DWORD /d "0" /f
You can also configure this via group policy, but it's the same thing.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
On average, 400 MB writes on every update and 800 MB-1 GB after a night.
@Trooper On Enterprise edition, you can do this to make sure the least amount of telemetry is submitted to Microsoft.

You can also configure this via group policy, but it's the same thing.
Yeah, it really isn’t bad. I may go back to BD one day if their firewall can be fixed to not block XBOX’s Toredo.

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Thanks all. Yeah F-Secure just seems lighter to me than BD so for now I think this is what I will stick with. I do not know much about DeepGuard but from what I have read it seems to be decent.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks all. Yeah F-Secure just seems lighter to me than BD so for now I think this is what I will stick with. I do not know much about DeepGuard but from what I have read it seems to be decent.

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
BD crashed tonight when going through the interface. I was on the share to another device dialing box and boom. Got a pop up about it and sent the info to support.

• Wow
Reactions: Nevi and L0ckJaw

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
That's why it's a good idea to create a system image before you install on AV. If you need to change your AV restore from the system image and install the AV. From my experience I can tell that sometimes changing AV's can cause many issues since most of the third party AV's leave some trace on the system.

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
That's why it's a good idea to create a system image before you install on AV. If you need to change your AV restore from the system image and install the AV. From my experience I can tell that sometimes changing AV's can cause many issues since most of the third party AV's leave some trace on the system.

I already did that. I installed BTS from a clean image.

Reactions: Nevi and L0ckJaw

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Well BD was kind of short lived. Had another crash while just on the internet. Also there is a definite slow down on my PC for multiple things. Logging in, opening apps, etc. Back to WD for now with DefenderUI. Config above has been updated.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.