Status
Not open for further replies.

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
These are engines that TrustPort use to scan our computer. So far, i satisfied with it's performance

Capture.PNG

Reactions: LabZero and omidomi

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I am pretty sure they only use there own engine and use only the signatures from the other one. i read it somwhere on wilders but cant find it anymore.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Yea friends Trust Port use AVG(Argon) and Bitdefender(Xenon) engines!
its not slow :)
i use it for 1 year really fast and great performance for me ( a little buggy)

I am pretty sure they only use there own engine and use only the signatures from the other one. i read it somwhere on wilders but cant find it anymore.
they do't have in own engine :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LabZero

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
I'm little confused here, so which one is true..??? TrustPort itself said that it uses 5 engines BD, AVG, VirusBlokAda, Dr.Web and Vipre BUT Av-Comparatives said that TrustPort only use 2 engines BD and AVG

Reactions: omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I'm little confused here, so which one is true..??? TrustPort itself said that it uses 5 engines BD, AVG, VirusBlokAda, Dr.Web and Vipre BUT Av-Comparatives said that TrustPort only use 2 engines BD and AVG
It use 2 Engins only.

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
The engines of trustpor are diferent from country to country, on asia they use dr.web for example :) and the enterprise products to:

"
Continuous improvement of the security software offered to its corporate and domestic customers is a top priority for TrustPort. Its antivirus products are continually being evolved and aimed at a higher level of security and greater user comfort.

Changes both in the spread of malware and in users needs must be reflected by high quality security software. Therefore TrustPort is now releasing an update for products TrustPort Antivirus and TrustPort PC Security. This update, based on past experiences, optimizes the combination of scanning engines.

Home users and small businesses can purchase both antivirus products in the form of one, three or five packs. The software now includes three scanning engines - AVG, Norman and Dr.Web. The Ewido Antispyware Scanning engine, licensed by AVG Technologies is no longer being developed, however its capabilities are now part of the AVG engine.

Customers will appreciate a substantial reduction in the size of the software. "The size of the installation file for both the home and small businesses has decreased for both TrustPort AntiVirus, and TrustPort PC Security by about 30%," describes the change Petr Vaněk, head of the development department at TrustPort. "Users can now download and try the software on their computers much faster."

Medium and larger companies can order TrustPort Antivirus and TrustPort PC Security in the form of multi-licenses (more than 10 computers), and they are also entitled to receive TrustPort Management for free. The program in this case contains four scanning engines, and the basic price includes engines AVG and Norman, with the possibility to further purchase a license for Dr.Web and VirusBlokAda.

A substantial improvement to both the security products is the monitoring of locked files. "We can now scan locked files which are normally not accessible for reading, and therefore detect running malicious codes," explains Petr Vaněk. "A file which is being used by a running processor cannot be immediately deleted. However our software prompts the user to restart the computer, and then removes the malicious code."

The ability to detect viruses in locked files substantially contributes to the protection of users against current threats. There has also been an improvement in detection when scanning the system registry. While previous versions have only used the Ewido Antispyware engine, the new version now makes full use of all the scanning engines. The software has also noted an improvement in memory use which will definitely be appreciated by users.

Mentioned changes are reflected in products TrustPort Antivirus and TrustPort PC Security, and that includes all language mutations - English, Czech, Spanish, German and Italian."

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
The engines of trustpor are diferent from country to country, on asia they use dr.web for example :) and the enterprise products to:

"
Continuous improvement of the security software offered to its corporate and domestic customers is a top priority for TrustPort. Its antivirus products are continually being evolved and aimed at a higher level of security and greater user comfort.

Changes both in the spread of malware and in users needs must be reflected by high quality security software. Therefore TrustPort is now releasing an update for products TrustPort Antivirus and TrustPort PC Security. This update, based on past experiences, optimizes the combination of scanning engines.

Home users and small businesses can purchase both antivirus products in the form of one, three or five packs. The software now includes three scanning engines - AVG, Norman and Dr.Web. The Ewido Antispyware Scanning engine, licensed by AVG Technologies is no longer being developed, however its capabilities are now part of the AVG engine.

Customers will appreciate a substantial reduction in the size of the software. "The size of the installation file for both the home and small businesses has decreased for both TrustPort AntiVirus, and TrustPort PC Security by about 30%," describes the change Petr Vaněk, head of the development department at TrustPort. "Users can now download and try the software on their computers much faster."

Medium and larger companies can order TrustPort Antivirus and TrustPort PC Security in the form of multi-licenses (more than 10 computers), and they are also entitled to receive TrustPort Management for free. The program in this case contains four scanning engines, and the basic price includes engines AVG and Norman, with the possibility to further purchase a license for Dr.Web and VirusBlokAda.

A substantial improvement to both the security products is the monitoring of locked files. "We can now scan locked files which are normally not accessible for reading, and therefore detect running malicious codes," explains Petr Vaněk. "A file which is being used by a running processor cannot be immediately deleted. However our software prompts the user to restart the computer, and then removes the malicious code."

The ability to detect viruses in locked files substantially contributes to the protection of users against current threats. There has also been an improvement in detection when scanning the system registry. While previous versions have only used the Ewido Antispyware engine, the new version now makes full use of all the scanning engines. The software has also noted an improvement in memory use which will definitely be appreciated by users.

Mentioned changes are reflected in products TrustPort Antivirus and TrustPort PC Security, and that includes all language mutations - English, Czech, Spanish, German and Italian."
i do't agree with u!
The engines of trustpor are diferent from country to country, on asia they use dr.web for example :) and the enterprise products
for home users no.
u can see malware hub trust port only use AVG+Bitdefender in all world!

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
this is old bro!
i use trust port for 1year, its only use avg and bd engine
:)

I ask trustport and the info is:

Hello,
the engines can be diferent, the info about the engines is related with your activation code.
If you send me your activation code and the version you are using I can send you more info.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Roman Vencálek
TrustPort a.s., Purkyňova 101, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic
E: roman.vencalek@trustport.com
T: +420 530 507 268 | F: +420 541 235 038

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I ask trustport and the info is:

Hello,
the engines can be diferent, the info about the engines is related with your activation code.
If you send me your activation code and the version you are using I can send you more info.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Roman Vencálek
TrustPort a.s., Purkyňova 101, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic
E: roman.vencalek@trustport.com
T: +420 530 507 268 | F: +420 541 235 038
Yes!
i accept this.
i know Roman :D
this is true,and correct, not diffrent engine for diffrent country.
thanks bro.
can u ask them which activation code activate which engine? :D

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
I have 2 keys, and i ask the engines related to them, one key only have acess to avg and trustport, the other key bitdefender and avg. And this was the best answer i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.