Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Avast Safezone?? without avast antivirus?
Too many adblockers.Just use Adguard(recommended) or Adblock.
Anyway good config.Nothing to add.

Reactions: frogboy and given

Trysoft

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 25, 2016
Avast Safezone?? without avast antivirus?
Too many adblockers.Just use Adguard(recommended) or Adblock.
Anyway good config.Nothing to add.
yes i have stumbled onto it by mistake by moving the files onto another drive but the antivirus file didn't move there and only safezone was there. After a few weeks i realised avast was slowing the PC down so i deleted it but i had safezone on my other drive and it works perfectly! I am not sure if this is wrong but safezone updates itself, has free adblock extension and opens faster than chrome. So its better and safer. o_O

Reactions: frogboy and given

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
if you're looking for something fast, i would recommend uBlock origin instead of Adguard/adblock

Reactions: frogboy

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Nothing to add here. Some product choices are questionable, like Avast SafeZone and Gary Utilities, but they are yours.
Solid configuration after all.
Thanks for sharing :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Looks good to me, nothing to add here. ;)

Thanks for sharing with us here at MT. :)

P.S. Make sure you keep the backups up to date. ;)

Reactions: Captain Awesome
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.