Turn off email notifications on watched threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul B.

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I don't see any preferences for turning off email notifications when a new post is placed on a watched thread. I prefer Alerts to clogging my email. I see the check box [] Receive email notif..... at the bottom of the advanced composition window, but there used to be a way to turn this off at a higher level.

thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check your Account Preferences > http://malwaretips.com/account/preferences

upload_2015-10-14_14-31-15.png

View your current (All) Watched Threads > http://malwaretips.com/watched/threads/all

upload_2015-10-14_14-33-16.png

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You can also disable all by clicking preferences
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.14_08h31m58s_001_.png
Then make sure all the highlighted boxes are unticked and click save
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.14_08h33m36s_002_.png

Reactions: Paul B.

Paul B.

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Thanks guys. Somehow I missed that obvious setting under Preferences. What threw me is that I had unchecked emailing there months ago, yet got an email for a thread I posted to yesterday. It seems somehow the [ ] email box under the advanced composition window had become checked.

edit: and conversely, I saw no Alerts for the two replies to this thread. Usually they work well.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Remember to Save Changes, and then refresh the browser to see if the changes were saved.

Are you asking on how to turn off email notifications for everything, except site mailing, password reset and conversations?

Paul B.

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I think I'm merely reporting a bug. I hadn't received notifications for thread updates for several months, and had changed nothing. It hasn't acted up since, so I gather whatever it is is passed. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.