Serious Discussion tutanota now tuta.com | bad certificate?

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have had a tutanota encrypted email account for some years, don't use it much. I saw the security news about tuta anti quantum encryption... so I logged in. I saw I had some email from them about their new domain @tuta.com, and to sign-up. I had logged into my current (old) account ok with 2fa, but it was unclear to me how to establish new account incorporating my old account. Then I checked the website's fingerprint on my computer (using firefox) and then from grc fingerprints service and grc says: one or more errors: "the SSL/TLS security certificate obtained from the remote server was invalid"
grc could not pull the tuta fingerprint for comparison. I am finding this VERY ODD for an email security website. Anyone using tuta, any idea about the certificate...:unsure::sick:

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It's possible that there might be a temporary issue with the SSL/TLS certificate or it could be an issue with the grc fingerprint service. I'd suggest reaching out to Tutanota support directly for clarification. They should be able to guide you through the process of establishing a new account incorporating your old account as well.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
UPDATE further "investigation" probably some snafu with grc fingerprint service. Qualys SSL gives tuta a "A" (but not an A+).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.