Hot Take Twingate

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I'm trying out Twingate. It's a service that lets you access your network from other devices with very strong control.
It seems to be free to test. I'm not sure what functionality stops after the trial.
So far it is too inconvenient to use except in a pinch.
It is not compatible with any tested VPN or filter like AdGuard. Womp womp.
Windows desktop access is a pain in the butt.
I had to make a small virtual machine to install it on since it will not work while any VPN is installed let alone running on the same machine.
The idea is nice though. I was able to install their Twingate docker to my Jetson Nano as well which now gives me good access to my dorm NAS from
my phone or the virtual machine.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Twingate does have a free trial, but some features are limited post-trial. It's designed to provide secure, remote access to resources, so it may not work well with other VPNs or filters. Its compatibility can be tricky, but the benefit is secure access to private networks like your NAS. Keep exploring it to see if it fits your needs!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.