App Review Twister Antivirus 8 Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
I did give it a quick whirl, and it didn't do badly. Just worked a bit differently. I ended up shutting down all my other protection. It didn't do bad at all but wasn't perfect and a piece of ransomware nailed me. Basically I ended up testing my ransomware protection philosophy and that worked perfectly. My VM has two drives and the 2nd one which has data and also a disk image is protected by FIDES. It wasn't touched, so all I did was boot to Macrium's Recovery environment and restore. All was well. All in all I'll pass on this one.

R

Rodney74

I did give it a quick whirl, and it didn't do badly. Just worked a bit differently. I ended up shutting down all my other protection. It didn't do bad at all but wasn't perfect and a piece of ransomware nailed me. Basically I ended up testing my ransomware protection philosophy and that worked perfectly. My VM has two drives and the 2nd one which has data and also a disk image is protected by FIDES. It wasn't touched, so all I did was boot to Macrium's Recovery environment and restore. All was well. All in all I'll pass on this one.

Thanks for testing, someone on another video review said that it would have done so much better except the reviewer had left the heuristics set on basic and the virtual machine setting was disabled...He said to change these and it becomes like Comodo with CS settings in proactive.

R

Rodney74

I think someone is doing a test soon with very fresh files to test Twister AV, I have asked them to post it here. Hope they will.

R

Rodney74

MY goal, it seems to be a good product, lets promote it to try and keep it alive, so we can use it, and the developers can make a living?

If someone makes a good product, then they deserve the sales, more so than someone who makes a bad product, but has a really good advertising department.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Here is a video posted today by Vincent Test. Heuristics were set at basic and Dynamic Defender at medium but it still did an okay job. Missed some Chinese adware, maybe it could detect it with max heuristics with Malware VM enabled.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have been watching this thread from yesterday because i haven't heard any news for Twister av for quite some time.
But i saw an argument from the members that i couldn't understand.
So allow to tell you something and remember, just from my point of view.
Both sides are right.
One side says that even if signatures are updated it doesn't mean that there is an actual development of the product.
So it's security modules maybe there are outdated and for that reason someone should consider using a security product that updated more frequently.
On the other the other also has a point.
Not seeing products updates doesn't mean that the product's development is stopped.
And example that comes in mind is GData.
The last few years i have seen just a few product updates for GData. I think from 2015 the version is 25...
But if you see it's results in various tests you will see that it's scores pretty good.
My opinion, stop arguing for av's and just calm down

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.