Tyler's Security Setup

Tyler Free

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 19, 2016
I currently have Avast and have a trial version of Malwarebytes doing active protection at this time.

Post edited with Macrium Reflect installed and added AVAST as a Real-Time Malware Protection software.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you Avast Antivirus you should edit your post for the OS Firewall to Windows Firewall.
You could remove SAS and use MBAM as an on demand scanner.
You would be better served using something such as Zemana Antimalware alongside Avast in realtime.
If you go here you can get a 400 day license for ZAM Unlimited Giveaway - Zemana AntiMalware Premium
I would consider enabling Smartscreen.
Consider using uBlock Origin in place of ABD and also CCleaner and a password manager.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Tyler Free

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 19, 2016
If you Avast Antivirus you should edit your post for the OS Firewall to Windows Firewall.
You could remove SAS and use MBAM as an on demand scanner.
You would be better served using something such as Zemana Antimalware alongside Avast in realtime.
If you go here you can get a 400 day license for ZAM Unlimited Giveaway - Zemana AntiMalware Premium
I would consider enabling Smartscreen.
Consider using uBlock Origin in place of ABD and also CCleaner and a password manager.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Hello, thanks for your reply, I have edited my post to reflect your suggestions. I did have Zemana installed before you posted, so I just didn't update in a timely manner. Trying to catch up on some schoolwork, no thanks to my recent scare with some malware keeping me up all night fighting it. :confused: I do have Smartscreen enabled, was there somewhere on the Thread Fields that I was supposed to say that? And I will try uBlock. I do also use CCleaner, but I didn't know if that was something to state in a security setup. :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I edited your config to include Smartscreen & CCleaner.
Both of these can be found in the Security Configuration outline in the below screenshots
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.19_20h09m03s_002_.png Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.19_20h08m27s_001_.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.