Tyson's PC security config!

Is kaspersky the best internet security in terms of protection?

• Total voters
Y

yigido

HTTPS Everywhere to make your connections secure. This extension is essential and available for your browsers.
You can use CCleaner for cleaning and optimizing your PC. It is more than enough.

It looks nice! Thanks for sahring :)

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Great configuration.

Kaspersky isn't the best, but it is very good and remember nothing is the best even though they claim to be.

True. What's important is what works for you, keeps you secure and gets the job done. Not a fan of Kaspersky though, it always flag my apps as a threat. Lol

Reactions: yigido and Oxygen

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I like your configuration, tysoncs.:) Thank you for sharing it.
Personally, I think wording Kasperski as being 'best' was a bit tricky, so I'll choose to view it as being the 'best' one for you presently!;) After reading such good impressions among fellow members here on MT, I was excited to give it a try, had the license key all ready, but instead decided to gift it to my son whom needed it more, though I'm not certain if he has even activated it yet!:confused::rolleyes: :D
I do like how you've set UAC to "Always Notify". Adguard is a notable Adblocker, and yigido's recommendations are included on the computers in our home as well.

Chrome extensions I consider indispensable are..
  1. ZENMATE encrypts your browser's ISP connection. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme?hl=en
  2. ScriptBlock acts as a first line defense in blocking Java script thus protecting against the accompanying vulnerabilities. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scriptblock/hcdjknjpbnhdoabbngpmfekaecnpajba?hl=en <clicking> Allow, Temporarily allow, or Block makes white listing safe sites straightforward.
  3. LastPass, a favorite password manager/generator utilyzes encryption security for a more focused, safe, and enjoyable Internet experience. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ord-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd?hl=en
  • To activate Chrome's third party cookie blocker:
  1. Choose settings, then scroll down to "Show advanced settings"
  2. Beneath "Privacy" <click> "Content Settings" button
  3. Check box beside "Block third-party cookies and site data" :)

Last edited:

tysoncs

Thread author
Oct 16, 2014
kaspersky has anti exploit though and its extension protects me from all the above.
i know KIS 2015 uses quite a bit memory but i choose guards based on their protection lvl..since i got 6gb ram memory usage doesnt matter to me.

have u got any recommendation for a system tuning software?
i already have auslogics boostspeed and ccleaner(Premium versions)

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with the above suggestions.I think @WinXPert hit the nail on the head.You have to use what works best for you.Nothing is 100% and operator error contributes to many infections.
KIS is very good I have used it on different PC's & OS for well over a decade.Your config looks good and thanks for sharing it with us :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.