Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Firefox addon updated automatically to this Pre-release version uBOLite_2024.1.21.1302

Release notes​

Installation​

The extension will auto-update when a new version is published.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I found this feature request today:
Kees1958 commented Jan 22, 2024 •

Feature request.

I understand that uBOL stands for LIGHT and has to be kept simple. To circumvent the limitation of updating static filters only when the extension is updates, I would like to suggest to add only 2 (non-changeable) filterlist from UBO assets filters: UBO quick fixes and UBO unbreak and use these two filters as Mv3 dynamic filters (now maximized to 5,000 rules, in future to 15.000).

These filterlists could be maintained in the new Mv3 format, to assure that uBOL does not has to add a a new filtering engine and implement this feature request with minimal code added.

In this way with every first launch uBOL could get the latest quick fixes and unbreak filters.
gorhill commented Jan 22, 2024 •

Most of the changes to quick-fixes are cosmetic- or content script-based filters, and these cannot be fetched and declaratively injected, so they would have to be left out, and in the end it wouldn't bring much value to only update a handful (if any) of DNR-based rules while leaving out the far more numerous cosmetic- or content script-based filters.

If all the build scripts prove to be solid over time I may eventually try to publish more often, which would be a better option than a flawed and mostly pointless partial update of DNR rules.
Feature request: add uBO quick fixes and uBO unbreak as dynamic filters · Issue #108 · uBlockOrigin/uBOL-home

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

uBOLite_2024.1.29.1338​

Release notes​

Installation​

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
@silversurfer, May I ask you a question?

Since you are (usually) posting the uBOL updates, could you comment when you notice an increase in update frequency (in the future) as Mr. Hill commented as alternative to the feature request mentioned in the post of @oldschool?
Yes, no problem 👍 I think so far, uBOL updated once per week or at least twice per month.

skiper

Level 1
Apr 6, 2021
I have a problem on youtube with ubol and I want to know if it happens frequently. On the other hand, I don't like cosmetics and I would like to use it in basic (by default) with small adjustments depending on the site. But here comes the problem.

In the basic settings (by default) I see ads on YouTube. If I check optimal in the settings, all the ads disappear. But if I leave it basic (by default) and in the interface I set it to optimal only for youtube, the ads appear.

Is there any difference between the optimal in the settings and the optimal on the interface? Because it seems so...

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Is there any difference between the optimal in the settings and the optimal on the interface? Because it seems so...
The former is global and the latter is per-site.
But if I leave it basic (by default) and in the interface I set it to optimal only for youtube, the ads appear.
That sounds like a bug. You should open an issue at Issues · uBlockOrigin/uBOL-home and follow directions there for posting new issue.

skiper

Level 1
Apr 6, 2021
Thanks for the reply. After all, it's the same option used in a different way, it should behave the same way.

Until the problem is fixed, with Edge Tracking prevention balanced and ubol set to optimal, do you think it is necessary to check any optional filter?

Reactions: Nevi and oldschool

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

uBOLite_2024.2.14.104​

Release notes​

Installation​

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.