Advice Request uBlock Origin Strange Sign.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutOfBounds

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2016
Hi, when I goto update uBlockorigin sometimes I get this message can someone explain what it is, please.

I have highlighted with an arrow.

Attachments

• 2018-05-11_14-31-54.jpg
    2018-05-11_14-31-54.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 470

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Hi, when I goto update uBlockorigin sometimes I get this message can someone explain what it is, please.

I have highlighted with an arrow.
That's pretty common for me. Try to purge all caches & then update it. If that doesn't work, then purge all caches & close d tab restart d browser & update ublock origin. Hope that will resolve it.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
& btw that sign signifies network error. Network error may mean many thing. If,like me, you've multiple extensions which are there for same reason or any web(traffic) scanner or you are using ublock origin for long time, then it's bound to happen.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I've jst noticed you have I Don't Care About Cookies extension. It may or better to say it is messing the update process. Cookies is needed for ubo update as much as I know. Try to disable it during ubo update. & ubo does need access to its indexedDB database to update itself. If your browser is blocking it then I don't know. Btw can I ask you which browser you are using if it's not a personal question?

Reactions: OutOfBounds

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Purge all caches worked thanks.

Purging cache resolved it. To be honest, that's sad. I smelt something interesting. It seems ubo doesn't purge its cache.You may use dev tools to check it manually.
ubo.png

I thought at that time, there must have to be some sorta limit or cap on memory usage of indexedDB. But if jst purging cache resolved it then no way it's because of limit of memory usage.

Anyway, if it has resolved the issue then great. That is pretty easy fix but... Sorry if I have made you wait a bit. Which I have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.