Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Full changelog can be found here:
New:

Click-to-load​

Support to replace embedded frames with a click-to-load widget. Examples of usage:

||youtube.com/embed/$3p,frame,redirect=click2load.html
||scribd.com/embeds/$3p,frame,redirect=click2load.html
||player.vimeo.com/video/$3p,frame,redirect=click2load.html
To install the stable build:
  • Firefox: Review pending
    • uBO works best on Firefox.
  • Chromium: Submission pending
    • For Chromium version 54 and older, it is necessary to enable "Experimental JavaScript" at chrome://flags/#enable-javascript-harmony.
  • Edge: Submission pending
    • The Microsoft Store version of uBO is published by Nik Rolls
  • Opera: Submission pending

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin 1.32.0 released:
  • Firefox: Click uBlock0_1.32.0.firefox.signed.xpi
    • For Chromium version 54 and older, it is necessary to enable "Experimental JavaScript" at chrome://flags/#enable-javascript-harmony.
  • Edge: Install from Microsoft Store: Microsoft Edge Addons

New:

Ability to launch element picker into embedded frames, through a new "Block element in frame..." entry in the contextual menu.

Support for match-case filter option, but only for regex-based static network filters.

Ability to auto-complete (Ctrl-Spacebar) hostname values for origin-related options in static filter editor according to currently opened tabs.

Changes:

Dynamic filtering​

Noop-ing a blocked 3rd-party cell will cause uBO to immediately attempt to reload blocked stylesheets, if any. This will also occurs when the noop-ing is done through the "relax blocking mode" shortcut, in which case uBO will no longer force a reload the whole page. You can restore the previous behavior by modifying the advanced setting blockingProfiles.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin 1.32.2 released:
  • Firefox: Review pending
  • Edge: Install from Microsoft Store: Microsoft Edge Addons

Closed as fixed:

Core​

Notable commits without en entry in the issue tracker​

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin v1.32.4 Released (December 29, 2020)
Closed as fixed:
Problems with asterisk in the destination of hostname-based rules
Download - v1.32.2 - Firefox (AMO)
Download - v1.31.2 - Chrome (Web Store)
Download - v1.31.0 - Opera (Opera Addons)
Download - v1.32.4 - Edge (Microsoft Edge Addons)
It will take some time until the new version will be available on AMO, Chrome Web Store, etc.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin v1.33.0 Released (January 29, 2021)
Download - v1.32.4 - Firefox (AMO)
Download - v1.32.4 - Chrome (Web Store)
Download - v1.32.4 - Opera (Opera Addons)
Download - v1.32.4 - Edge (Microsoft Edge Addons)
It will take some time until the new version will be available on AMO, Chrome Web Store, etc.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Difference between FF and Chrome version of uBO v1.34.0

Firefox has Uncloak canonical names

1616253414913.png

Uncloak canonical names grayed out in Chrome

1616253455160.png

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I initially used the format website.com^ to block a website (also because this was used in the AdGuard filters and I thought it was good practise). Because thi did nt seem to work consistantly, I replaced the ^ with $all parameter from uBO which AG also digested correctly (in UBO it had the advantage that it also blocked popunders when using $all).

Now this bug is fixed Impossible to add explicit exception for implicit strict blocking · Issue #1501 · uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues

I finally understand why some of my rules did not work in uBO. (y) with uBO facilitating the removeparam from AG (paid) and using Edge anti-tracking in default (which blocks cookies), AG block cookie's advantage is not so relevant anymore, therefor I am tempted to change from AG to uBO again. mhhh maybe this weekend :)

Note:
uBlockOrigin has a scriptlet called cookie-remover. This is still under development. Last time I checked, it did not actually remove the cookies, but set an expiration date in the past (which makes the cookie inactive/harmless) and I only managed to delete cookies from the main domain (the one you seen in address bar). Maybe it was my lack of knowledge or the lack of documentation (it is still in development, so maybe they don't want people to use it yet). so UBO's cookie-remover scriptlet is not up to par with AG''s $cookie option (AG's cookie is also easier to use as it follows regular AdBlock syntax).

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Is this issue yet solved ?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Is this issue yet solved ?
It wasn’t a couple days ago for Bitdefender. Both .xyz and .link were still being blocked. The gitcdn creator said .xyz should be fixed, but I still got certificate errors. I just said forget it and switched to AdGuard.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
It wasn’t a couple days ago for Bitdefender. Both .xyz and .link were still being blocked. The gitcdn creator said .xyz should be fixed, but I still got certificate errors. I just said forget it and switched to AdGuard.
Now I'm also using Adguard and it works very fine, I think it provides me the same level of protection than µBlock.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
uBO and AG are both good choices. I like AG because they also maintain and optimize blocklists while uBO is more focussed to raw rules processing. A lot people like the idea to have the fastest adblocker and have the largest blocklist (my IP black hole is bigger than yours), but it makes more sense to use optimized filter sets and let your browser and DNS do the malicious URL blocking, so IMO uBO is more efficient while AG is more effective.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin v1.35.0 Released (April 21, 2021)
New
New filtering ability to remove specific response headers from document resources. Example:
Code:
example.com##^responseheader(refresh)
Only the following response headers are allowed to be removed, anything else will cause the filter to be invalid and discarded:
  • report-to
  • set-cookie
Chromium-based browsers
Google's FLoC is defused by default. Websites will be able to use the FLoC API (only if already present), but will be unable to get a result from it -- uBO causes the API to always fail as if there was no FLoC data available.
Download - v1.35.0- Firefox (AMO)
Download - v1.34.0 - Chrome (Web Store)
Download - v1.33.2 - Opera (Opera Addons)
Download - v1.34.0 - Edge (Microsoft Edge Addons)

Last edited:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
So, the solution uBlock Origin with AdGuard's optimized filters is more efficient and more effective.
Best of two worlds?
Yes when you want your adblocking all done in one application with uBO's own privacy list and my extra security list
1619149779519.png

Actually this is the best of two maintainers. Brave (Fanboy) puts a lot of effort in maintaining Easylist main filers. So by using Adguard's optimized Easy list filters, you will have the best maintained filterset available.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin v1.35.0 Released (April 21, 2021)

Download - v1.35.0- Firefox (AMO)
Download - v1.35.0 - Edge (Microsoft Edge Addons)
In my Edge the extension just got the update to the latest version 1.35.0.
Couldn't update that post anymore...
Only Firefox and Edge have the latest version now.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Google's FLoC is defused by default. Websites will be able to use the FLoC API (only if already present), but will be unable to get a result from it -- uBO causes the API to always fail as if there was no FLoC data available.
I wonder if this will be the same response the FLoC API will receive when using the official opt-out method for FLoC, and whether ad-tech companies will be able to use this and/or FLoC's official opt-out status as another characteristic to gather by fingerprinters.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin v1.35.2 Released
Download - v1.35.0 - Firefox (AMO)

Thanks @mood and @plat1098 for posting this at Wilders (y)

Last edited:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
uBlock Origin v1.35.2 Released

Download - v1.35.0 - Firefox (AMO)

Thanks @mood and @plat1098 for posting this at Wilders (y)

uBlock Origin v1.35.2 fails to install In Firefox because its not signed.
I rather not try to bypass this feature and will wait.

However if someone wants to bypass this:

1.about:config
2.xpinstall.signatures.required set to false

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.