Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage: UCheck Software Updater | Patch your Programs • Adlice Software

Review by gHacks: UCheck: update checker and software installer by RogueKiller creator - gHacks Tech News
"UCheck is a promising program. Since it is beta, we don't rate it right now. The program needs a bit of work, especially when it comes to the list of support programs, as it is rather small.​
Still, definitely a program to keep on the radar, as it will surely evolve over time.​
The "buy" button has no function right now, but it will later be mapped to the purchase of the premium version. It is unclear right now what the premium version will offer that the free version does not. Could be automation, silent installs, or more program options to customize UCheck."​

Features
  • Update your software in 2 clicks.
  • Optionally run bulk updates without user interaction (silent mode).
  • Install software from our repository (with or without bulk selection).
  • Uninstall software.
  • Unlike competitors, doesn't need a starter package and monitors software already present.
  • Chooses language for you.
  • Chooses the right version for you (32/64 bits).
  • Prevents silent installation for software offering toolbars, or PUPs (optional offers).
  • Warns when installer tries to install toolbars or PUPs (optional offers).
  • Downloads straight from official websites, so that you ensure no one touches it.
  • Silent mode skips reboots.
  • More than 40 software supported, and growing fast.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
This looks like a promising program. It's limited at the moment by its small database of software it checks for updates to.

I did a scan for updates using the following programs in addition to UCheck:
  • AppFalcon - 21 updates
  • Avira Software Update - 0 updates
  • Kaspersky Software Updater - 5 updates
  • Kerish Doctor - 8 updates
  • Soft Organizer - 4 updates
  • Software Update Pro (Glarysoft) - 3 updates

Due to its small database, UCheck only found an update for a single program, Malwarebytes. In comparison AppFalcon found 21 updates, although they all have to downloaded and installed manually.

Suprisingly, UCheck and AppFalcon were the only two programs that found an updated version of Malwarebytes.

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This looks like a promising program. It's limited at the moment by its small database of software it checks for updates to.

I did a scan for updates using the following programs in addition to UCheck:
  • AppFalcon - 21 updates
  • Avira Software Update - 0 updates
  • Kaspersky Software Updater - 5 updates
  • Kerish Doctor - 8 updates
  • Soft Organizer - 4 updates
  • Software Update Pro (Glarysoft) - 3 updates

Due to its small database, UCheck only found an update for a single program, Malwarebytes. In comparison AppFalcon found 21 updates, although they all have to downloaded and installed manually.

Suprisingly, UCheck and AppFalcon were the only two programs that found an updated version of Malwarebytes.

SUMo?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Okay, I just tried SUMo and it found 33 updates, including the update for Malwarebytes.

Also, it's worth noting, that I've very recently done an update of my software with Software Update Pro. If not for that, Software Update Pro would have found more updates.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Okay, I just tried SUMo and it found 33 updates, including the update for Malwarebytes.

Also, it's worth noting, that I've very recently done an update of my software with Software Update Pro. If not for that, Software Update Pro would have found more updates.

SUMo has probably the largest database of software from what I've seen, including fast updates and moreover it can add portable programs to the list to find their updates.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just tried Software Informer, and it found 81 updates, well over twice as many as SUMo found. It didn't find the update for Malwarebytes, which is suprising, considering how many updates it found.

It lacks the ability to silently install updates. It can download the installers for some updates itself, and for others it will open the official download page in your default browser. Unfortunately there is no option to ignore updates. I have many programs which I got as giveaways, which would become unregistered if I updated them, and it would be useful to be able to ignore such programs.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I just tried Software Informer, and it found 81 updates, well over twice as many as SUMo found. It didn't find the update for Malwarebytes, which is suprising, considering how many updates it found.

It lacks the ability to silently install updates. It can download the installers for some updates itself, and for others it will open the official download page in your default browser. Unfortunately there is no option to ignore updates. I have many programs which I got as giveaways, which would become unregistered if I updated them, and it would be useful to be able to ignore such programs.

You could allow the option to check for Beta updates in SUMo settings, which could show more updates. SUMo also has deselected the option to show updates for MS related products by default.

But most of all number of updates shown for products depends on the number of programs in the list for each software updater, where you can manually add software's to the list, including portable porgrams etc.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Hey all, UCheck 2.3 has been released today.
We have added new software like f.lux, filebot, keepass, Spotify, etc...
We have added the ability to exclude a software from updates, or skip a version.

dash2_ucheck.png

ucheck_updates.png

Here's the full changelog:

Code:
V2.3.0 10/16/2017
=========================
- New icons
- Better display for update items
- Better display for install items
- NEW! Now looks for portable applications updates (fixed directories)
- NEW! Monitor in %USERPROFILE%/Downloads
- NEW! Ability to skip update (Premium only)
- NEW! Ability to exclude software (Premium only)
- Windows udpates checker is now a Premium feature
- Updated translations

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Hey all, UCheck 2.3 has been released today.
We have added new software like f.lux, filebot, keepass, Spotify, etc...
We have added the ability to exclude a software from updates, or skip a version.

dash2_ucheck.png

ucheck_updates.png

Here's the full changelog:

Code:
V2.3.0 10/16/2017
=========================
- New icons
- Better display for update items
- Better display for install items
- NEW! Now looks for portable applications updates (fixed directories)
- NEW! Monitor in %USERPROFILE%/Downloads
- NEW! Ability to skip update (Premium only)
- NEW! Ability to exclude software (Premium only)
- Windows udpates checker is now a Premium feature
- Updated translations

Thank you for the update dev. It's a handy little software. I do understand that you would want to keep the most popular programs on the list, but I sincerely hope you increase the number of softwares in your database. This could be a key differentiating factor when you compare the software updater's out there

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
@jackuars When I meant "most popular", I meant "most popular have been added first" :) We are definitely focusing on adding all the software we think may be useful, and should be used by anyone.

The list is growing every week, so expect more and more to be available, without any update needed on your side (all server side).
Also, we will release in the future a pure CLI version of the soft, to be integrated into technicians toolchains.

Thanks,

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Hey people, just a quick update to let you know that soft now supports about 100 software at this moment. :)
Don't hesitate to propose it after a malware removal to remove potential exploits left by outdated programs !

ucheck.JPG

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Hey, Version 3.1 is now available:

Code:
V3.1.0 01/29/2019
=================
- Updated to core 3.0.1
  * Now using Scheduled task to run as admin at startup
- Improvment: Installer now kills existing processes before replacing the files
- Fixed: Support form not sending proper Program name
- Improvment: Exit button icon 
- Refactored notifications (removed useless ones)
- Added marketing table (easier to understand Premium features and differences with Free version)
- Fixed: renewal link for Technician
- New: Added better notifications
- Fixed: Translations (French, Spanish, German) 
- Improved support for high DPI screens (V2)
- Added support for .lic file (registration)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.