Solved Unable to get any VPN to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Hi just starting a couple days ago, no VPN will connect correctly for me, everything appears to be working correctly but it says "No Internet Access". Every VPN I've tried is now saying the same thing even though they appear to be connecting fine, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Probably your security products are blocking it, you may need to uninstall and select a different security setup.

Enjoy!! :D
Hi It worked fine until recently and I havent changed security products, using built in Windows Defender and MBAM Pro for my real time protection, the VPN will connect but the adapter says "No Internet Access". Also ty for replying to the thread :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
What VPN do you use?
So you can connect to your VPN but you can't get the internet access? sounds like wrong configuration (VPN) or blocked by firewall/security programs.

You might want to try this VPN
http://www.vpngate.net/en/

If you can connect and surf the net normally with this VPN then probably the problem is related with your VPN config

Upvote 0

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
What VPN do you use?
So you can connect to your VPN but you can't get the internet access? sounds like wrong configuration (VPN) or blocked by firewall/security programs.

You might want to try this VPN
http://www.vpngate.net/en/

If you can connect and surf the net normally with this VPN then probably the problem is related with your VPN config
Ironically that is the VPN I use, it appears to connect fine, it just says no internet access, also I use SecurityKiss VPN and it does the same thing. Just started doing this 2-3 days ago.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This could be caused by a recent Windows Update, are you wired connected or Wifi connected?
One thing I have noticed with Wifi connections on Windows 8, sometimes they don't display correctly but still work just fine.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
This could be caused by a recent Windows Update, are you wired connected or Wifi connected?
One thing I have noticed with Wifi connections on Windows 8, sometimes they don't display correctly but still work just fine.

Not sure I haven't updated Windows since last month, and it worked fine after that until recently. I use Wifi almost always on laptop, the VPN appears to connect fine, but it says "No Internet Access" and no webpages load.

Upvote 0

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Try SafeIP or Spotflux and see if they work, if not then you have something corrupted on your network configurations.

Hi trying them right now, and I'll post a screenshots of what I'm talking about, not sure if it'll help.

DNbQwIQ.png

Zdw3uil.png

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Hi trying them right now, and I'll post a screenshots of what I'm talking about, not sure if it'll help.

DNbQwIQ.png

Zdw3uil.png

You need to change your Network adapter settings, Local Area Connection is for wired connections only.

If connected to WiFi, it will say Wi-Fi Status.

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center
On the left side panel select- Change adapter settings- select Wi-Fi.

Then make sure you have your VPN configured and connect.

Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014

DNbQwIQ.png

Zdw3uil.png

According to your screenshot, it's looks wrong config (Network), also don't forget sometime you can't use 2/3 VPN services at the same time, they sometime conflicting each other, let's say you use staganos online shield, and you installed (actually I forgot, let's say cyberghost for this example) on your PC too, then you connect through cyberghost, after that you disconnect then go to steganos again, and bam! your steganos installation is corrupted, afaik this problem is due they use same adapter (openVPN). But of course spotflux and safeIP is different, you can use these along with softether (VPN gate)

I'm with Littlebits, I think your problem is related with your network config not the VPN it self, you might want to try what he suggested.

Also you might want to try these command on cmd :

ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew
ipconfig/flushdns

Then reboot your laptop/PC, hope this can help :)

Reactions: Jcwisgod
Upvote 0

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
You need to change your Network adapter settings, Local Area Connection is for wired connections only.

If connected to WiFi, it will say Wi-Fi Status.

On the left side panel select- Change adapter settings- select Wi-Fi.

Then make sure you have your VPN configured and connect.

Hi I confused myself a little, the screenshots I posted were when I was connected to the VPN, it works until I connect to the VPN then says no Internet access.

Upvote 0

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
According to your screenshot, it's looks wrong config (Network), also don't forget sometime you can't use 2/3 VPN services at the same time, they sometime conflicting each other, let's say you use staganos online shield, and you installed (actually I forgot, let's say cyberghost for this example) on your PC too, then you connect through cyberghost, after that you disconnect then go to steganos again, and bam! your steganos installation is corrupted, afaik this problem is due they use same adapter (openVPN). But of course spotflux and safeIP is different, you can use these along with softether (VPN gate)

I'm with Littlebits, I think your problem is related with your network config not the VPN it self, you might want to try what he suggested.

Also you might want to try these command on cmd :

ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew
ipconfig/flushdns

Then reboot your laptop/PC, hope this can help :)
Only VPN I'm trying to use at the moment is the open source OpenVPN client, it did work fine, that's why I'm confused about why it quit working. I'm going to try them 3 commands and see if it helps

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Hi I confused myself a little, the screenshots I posted were when I was connected to the VPN, it works until I connect to the VPN then says no Internet access.
It is because the VPN is connected to the wrong Network Adaptor. You need to make sure to configure your VPN with your Wi-Fi adapter.
Your VPN is somehow configured to work with Local Area Connection that is why it switches you you enable your VPN.

Which VPN program are you using?

Upvote 0

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
It is because the VPN is connected to the wrong Network Adaptor. You need to make sure to configure your VPN with your Wi-Fi adapter.
Your VPN is somehow configured to work with Local Area Connection that is why it switches you you enable your VP

Your VPN is somehow configured to work with Local Area Connection that is why it switches you you enable your VPN.

I'm just using OpenVPN from openvpn.net & also sometimes I use SecurityKiss. The problems occurs with both

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Try this-
On the left side panel select- Change adapter settings- right click on "Local Area Connection" and select Disable.
Now reinstall your VPN programs and reboot your system.
After reboot try to connect with your VPN program making sure that "Local Area Connection" is still disabled.
Also make sure that Wi-Fi is set to your default adapter.

If that don't work then enabled "Local Area Connection" again, right click on Wi-Fi adapter and select "Bridge Connections".
Bridge Connections with Wi-Fi adapter and Local Area Connection.

Then try connecting to your VPN.

Good luck. :D

Upvote 0

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Try this-
On the left side panel select- Change adapter settings- right click on "Local Area Connection" and select Disable.
Now reinstall your VPN programs and reboot your system.
After reboot try to connect with your VPN program making sure that "Local Area Connection" is still disabled.
Also make sure that Wi-Fi is set to your default adapter.

If that don't work then enabled "Local Area Connection" again, right click on Wi-Fi adapter and select "Bridge Connections".
Bridge Connections with Wi-Fi adapter and Local Area Connection.

Then try connecting to your VPN.

Good luck. :D
I tried that, it just created a new one & same problem occurs. Also I tried bridging it and it says
BZZNbFD.png
0nbvYrr.png

Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I believe it was worked on his PC (OP)
His problem might be appeared because somehow his network setting is being modified. not sure how that can be happen though >.<

I think redownload the latest version of VPN client and reinstall the VPN might resolved the problem, but make sure when uninstall it there is no remnant left on registry,folder and even the VPN adapter it self as well

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

rohan

Level 1
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Please try to use a single VPN. I also faced the same problem before as i was using two vpn servers. I uninstalled one of them and restart the pc that worked fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.