Status
Not open for further replies.

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi,

I am trying to install the Kaspersky Antivirus 2014 on my system, but I am getting the following errors. I have Eset security 7 installed on my system and a complete system scan has been done. I am sure that there are no virus. Still. I am sharing the screen shots. Can some one help.

Capture51.PNG
Capture55.PNG

Reactions: YogiTek

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Earlier, you were talking about Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. This is a different tool to Kaspersky Removal Tool. So, please confirm which tool you ran in the first place?

If you ran KVRT (as you stated), then please try using the Kaspersky Removal Tool from the link I provided.
Its frustrating. I tried all, still I don't know the reason as to why this is not getting installed. Tried KVRT also. All other security software work but not kaspersky. Neither AV nor KIS:(:(:mad:

Upvote 0

vmserv

Level 2
Verified
Apr 18, 2014
Its frustrating. I tried all, still I don't know the reason as to why this is not getting installed. Tried KVRT also. All other security software work but not kaspersky. Neither AV nor KIS:(:(:mad:

Very unusual. I haven't got any major installation failures with Kaspersky. I guess one last thing to do is to install .NET Framework 4 if it is not installed. You do not need to use KVRT if you confirm there is no malware on your PC.

May I ask when does the failure notice come up?

Sorry I cannot help you any further.

I also recommend ESET!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Very usual. I haven't got any major installation failures with Kaspersky. I guess one last thing to do is to install .Net framework 4 if it is not installed. If not, then I cannot help you anymore.

I also recommend ESET!

Thanks.
Ok Thanks

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

in fact KIS i good for high-end computers and ISP (aka high bandwith); most customers that came to see me for fixing their computers because of slowdown-ness or slow internet (they thought they were infected) had mostly KIS installed. once removed , their "issues" were fixed.

Reactions: vmserv
Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Very unusual. I haven't got any major installation failures with Kaspersky. I guess one last thing to do is to install .NET Framework 4 if it is not installed. You do not need to use KVRT if you confirm there is no malware on your PC.

May I ask when does the failure notice come up?

Sorry I cannot help you any further.

I also recommend ESET!

Thanks.
If u would scroll back to the first post of this thread you will find two screenshots. They come up as and when the installation is run and it fails. This is when it says to run KVRT. even KVRT doesn't run and fails.

Upvote 0

vmserv

Level 2
Verified
Apr 18, 2014
Ah! I see.

Make sure .NET Framework 4 is installed and not corrupted. If not installed, you can download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17851 Re-run the installer and if you get the same issue, please try the other method.

Other method: Disconnect the internet from the PC and try installing again.

If this fails, then unfortunately, it will be a very difficult issue to solve. Your best option would be to contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support if you have a license.

Upvote 0

vmserv

Level 2
Verified
Apr 18, 2014
in fact KIS i good for high-end computers and ISP (aka high bandwith); most customers that came to see me for fixing their computers because of slowdown-ness or slow internet (they thought they were infected) had mostly KIS installed. once removed , their "issues" were fixed.

That is true. From my experience, users with older PC configurations will experience a significant drop in performance. The performance of File-Anti-Virus is largely dependant on the HDD's read/write speed. Updating will also be slow due to only 1 threaded download. Browsing speed especially will be degraded when the Web protection component is enabled as it is checked from a Cloud database. KSN plays a major factor in all of this. So, I agree that Kaspersky is good for people for who have higher-end computers and reasonable internet.

Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Ah! I see.

Make sure .NET Framework 4 is installed and not corrupted. If not installed, you can download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17851 Re-run the installer and if you get the same issue, please try the other method.

Other method: Disconnect the internet from the PC and try installing again.

If this fails, then unfortunately, it will be a very difficult issue to solve. Your best option would be to contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support if you have a license.
Thanks a lot for your efforts!!!

Upvote 0

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
You are using KVRT i.e. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. You need to use KAV remover, its Kaspersky products remover. I have faced this kind of problem a lot of times, use the KAV remover, it will clear all the leftover KAV or KIS files, then restart the machine. Sometimes it requires several attempts.

Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
You are using KVRT i.e. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. You need to use KAV remover, its Kaspersky products remover. I have faced this kind of problem a lot of times, use the KAV remover, it will clear all the leftover KAV or KIS files, then restart the machine. Sometimes it requires several attempts.
is it? should I try this now? what would you suggest. KAV has kinda made me sick :mad:

Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Afaik, sometime AV softwares left remnant files when we try to uninstall it, to remove it completely you need to uninstall it through start menu-->all program--> the software--> use their uninstaller built in then reboot. After your PC reboot, make sure to check your program files, if the files is still exist, delete it manually. If that doesn't work then use their removal tool. I believe most AV has their removal tool, you might want to try it, I wonder how this problem is happened, according my experience my friend had the same issues, and it was due he uninstall it (Kaspersky) through 3rd party uninstaller program (like Iobit uninstaller/geek uninstaller etc) I don't say those softwares are bad, it's just not designed for uninstall security program like AV (my opinion of course)

Just in case you want to try Kasperksy removal tool, you can find it below

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/service

Make sure you download the correct version, good luck! I wish you resolved your problem soon :)

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

vmserv

Level 2
Verified
Apr 18, 2014
is it? should I try this now? what would you suggest. KAV has kinda made me sick :mad:

I have previously instructed you to download and run the Kaspersky Removal Tool before continuing. Did you run the Kaspersky Removal tool at all? This tool may have solved all the problems.

trainbus120, please check my previous post.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Dear vmserv, I am totally irritated and as of now started hating KIS because of some other reasons.:mad: Wud try again some other time. Really thank you for the help and patience.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.