i love Online Armor for that:

lfM1i.jpg

:D
It looks good;)

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
Despite all these problems how BD always ranks top in all the AV tests??????????
Looks all tests are really fishy:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Waiting for ESET 6 final version to release...But in the mean I like to try Kaspersky...While the last time I tried It was bit heavy...How is it now???

D

Deleted member 178

now you understand why i NEVER trust testing organizations, KIS 2013 seems to be lighter than 2012 but still heavy at my taste.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It ranks at the top, due to being based on other aspects of Bitdefender, not the issues users experience. I'm sure if it was wide-spread issue, then it could possibly be noted. Also some organisations test with the Internet disabled -depends.

There is also another bug as some may have experienced too, un-related to the product itself, but a service run by Bitdefender.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-MyBitDefender-Dashboard-bugs

maaster said:
Despite all these problems how BD always ranks top in all the AV tests??????????
Looks all tests are really fishy:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Its VSSERV.EXE (I think thats the name). I have had these issues but I have UL internet so no worries.

This is the bitdefender update service and if I remember correctly the only one which allows the whole suites internet connection. And this is one of the services which most of the time leaks memory or fails.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
maaster said:
I uninstalled Bitdefender:mad:

EDIT:
This problem exists in BD products for the past 2 months according to their forums .....

You did good, IMO, uninstalling BD. This AV might be great detecting malware but computers become unusable when its installed. No good.

By the way, I dont believe this connecting problem is recent. When I tried BD about three years ago, I noticed something always connecting, it went away immediately after uninstalling. It kind of scared me.

Bo

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
maaster said:
May be if any windows update service is using internet???

When Windows updates it uses the process svchost.exe, so you should be able to see it as well. If a firewall does not show all the connections to and from the computer then it is useless.

Mantracker。

Jan 14, 2013
If you want to see the applications ,in the setting of firewall, you can turn on the paranoid mode.
Suggest you turn on the IDS, it is much safer.

ONT209

Level 1
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
What were you doing just before you discover this e.g downloading etc? Enable Paranoid Mode and User Mode and also check the Network Activity with some third party Network Monitoring tools.

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
This problem now does not occur in BD...May they have fixed this in their update releases....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.