UnThreat Antivirus Free Edition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
UnThreat AntiVirus Free Edition is an advanced application designed to protect your computer against viruses.

It is a full-featured anti-virus solution with capability of cleaning existing threats and preventing them at the time they appear with latest "on access" technology. The package is also bundled with anti-rootkit and mail cleaner.

List of Features:
· State-of-the-art Anti-Virus engine
· Anti-Spyware protection
· Mail cleaner
· Script scanner and blocker
· Rootkit/Hook protection
· ActiveX monitor
· Windows startup and logon security
· Registry scanner

Comparison: http://www.unthreat.com/antivirus-compare

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
biozfear said:
Is there any reviews/videos with tests on this version of AV?

Not heard of this one before.

Video review - by languy99

Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Plexx

Thanks Mc. I should try to search Languy99 videos first. Will have a look in a minute. Right now got an issue with Malwarebytes...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Limitations in Free Edition:
* No Free support or priority upgrades
* No Advanced firewall that customizes application behavior in the Internet
* Doesn't Block attacks coming from the Internet or the Network (No Web Shield or Network Guard)

UnThreat uses the GFI Sunbelt VIPRE AV Engine- http://www.unthreat.com/business-partners

So it is like a free version of VIPRE with limited features.

Thanks.:D

_MS_

Level 1
Oct 13, 2011
Thats a great news. I thought they were using AVG engine because their previous GUI looked a lot like AVG.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
biozfear said:
Thanks Mc. I should try to search Languy99 videos first. will have a look in a minute. Right now got an issue with Malwarebytes...

Your welcome. The first place that I look is MrXidus, win7holic and Languy99 channel. :)

aramnet

Dec 9, 2011
The software comes as a full protection package: antivirus engine, antispyware, smart firewall and antispam components that guard you and your computer against malware and threats such as phishing schemes, confidential sensitive data theft and viruses spread via the web. Updates are automatic and on a regular basis for greater protection and user convenience.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Does the free antivirus come with the web guard?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Jack said:
Does the free antivirus come with the web guard?

I've tested it few weeks ago, it did good. I remember that there was no web protection.

I also suspect that it doesn't have a firewall ...... So basically with the free version you get the VIPRE AV engine right?

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
aramnet copy&pasted the description from the Softpedia page, which they haven't updated yet (sadly..). The free version only includes the Vipre engine.

Here is the comparison page I had posted: http://www.unthreat.com/antivirus-compare

_MS_

Level 1
Oct 13, 2011
You already have VIPRE Engine for free. Get ClearCloud DNS along with it for web protection.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
UnThreat Antivirus secretly sold to Polmont Ventures, Ltd/Bandoo Media Inc, Discordia Ltd: "known for rogueware, scam/phishing and malware distributions".

The company is known as a puppet company created by RIAA to take down file sharing applications and networks.
Currently own the new iMesh, BearShare, fake Shareaza, Lphant (fake eMule), jZip (fake 7zip), iLivid Free Download Manager and Download Manager Plus (both are clones of the open-source Free Download Manager with added malware) and no telling how many more.

The company was also involved with the buy out of iMesh, BearShare and Lphant (was previously a trusted eMule clone). They couldn't buy out Shareaza so they hijacked their domain and added scam version of Shareaza which still operates. The company also supports SOPA and has worked with ISP to block BitTorrent traffic.

More info with verified links at Wilder's security Forum-
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=312853&page=7
post #168

Good day.:D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I like the Road Warrior feature in the paid edition. Interface looks a bit like that of Escan 10.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Hmm, I think GFI should discontinue their alliance with Unthreat. More funny is that it is part of the list of consumer AVs from Microsoft. I have a doubt these guys are using an old version of Vipres engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.