Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi guys,

this is a new extension that I found, which is able to block tracking URLs.

Original Description:

Removes the part of the URLs that is used to track you on the web
Would you want someone following you around your home, grocery store, work, friend's house, local bar and anyhwere else you fancy going?

That's exactly what's happening right now on the web when you are casually sipping a cup of coffee or wine or just warm milk and surfing the web - someone is watching your steps - without your permission. We want to fix that.

UntrackMe is:
- simply removing tracking information from URLs
- For e.g. removing "?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_facebook&utm_source=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow" from "http://lifehacker.com/nine-simple-tips-for-improving-your-table-manners-at-fa-1782221528?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_facebook&utm_source=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow"

UntrackMe is not:
- ad blocking tool
- tracking or storing your data
- a heavy appication that will slow down your browser

Try on this URL: http://lifehacker.com/nine-simple-tips-for-improving-your-table-manners-at-fa-1782221528?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_facebook&utm_source=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

This is just the first step in helping free us from the unfettered access data brokers have to us and our data. We will come out with other ways of doing this.

Have a suggestion? Reach out to us at: doyouhavemypermission@gmail.com

BTW you can say it as Untrack Me or UntrackMe

The current version avalaible on Mozilla Firefox and Firefox-based browsers and on Chrome and Chrome-based browsers is 1.2.1.

183105.png

Thanks for reading ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.