Troubleshoot Unusual traffic detected from my network

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Can't use Google search for unusual traffic is detected from my computer network.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Nothing
I am connected to public network (mikrotek), and recently (2days) I started to get this warning whenever I try to look sth up using Google. At first, solving the CAPTCHA redirects me to the search results. Now, I just keep getting the error over and over again.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I am connected to public network (mikrotek), and recently (2days) I started to get this warning whenever I try to look sth up using Google. At first, solving the CAPTCHA redirects me to the search results. Now, I just keep getting the error over and over again.
Hey, I suffered the exact same thing a couple of days ago. The cause and solution were both simple:

Cause: My IP got leaked and was being used for massive spam e-mailing. Probably due to malware (not necessarily, could also have been leaked on your VM) or a shady site grabbing your IP.
Solution: Quick call to ISP and ask for an IP change. Reboot the router and done.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Home users don't usually have statics. ISP's usually have a short lease time. Unplug the power to your modem, then unplug the coaxial. The coaxial part is crucial because your node will do a LV pump to ensure there is a device with resistance on the end even if the device is off. With both unplugged, you can let it sit for awhile. ISP lease times are RARELY over 12 hours and usually only an hour or two. You can do it before bed, then plug everything back in when you wake up and you'll be assigned a new DHCP WAN IP.

So it's either your scope was flagged, that is you are on the same last octets as a malicious actor or spammer, or you are using a VPN.

Upvote 0

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Probably you got new ip even static ip is change with time not offen as dynamic but 1 time on month or even half year it can changed by your ISP.

And someone before used this IP to spam meaby smb got client mail virused or whatever..
Call your network dev.. for change ip and scan your devices, check your router too and refrigerator ^^ dont ask me why xD
Fridge caught sending spam emails in botnet attack

Any way i preffer stop use Google and use:
Startpage.com ixquick.com or duckduckgo.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Home users don't usually have statics. ISP's usually have a short lease time. Unplug the power to your modem, then unplug the coaxial. The coaxial part is crucial because your node will do a LV pump to ensure there is a device with resistance on the end even if the device is off. With both unplugged, you can let it sit for awhile. ISP lease times are RARELY over 12 hours and usually only an hour or two. You can do it before bed, then plug everything back in when you wake up and you'll be assigned a new DHCP WAN IP.

I never have that much patience. Instead, I unplug modem, then connect to my router and change the MAC address. Then I reboot router and restart modem. Ten minutes and I have a new IP.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.