Update from ubuntu 18 ssh php wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

josejtax

Thread author
Dec 3, 2019
Hello, I'm trying to update my VPS server with Ubuntu 18 wordpress php, in the server I already have php 13 since I do the command

$ php -v

and I see that I am using php 13, but when I see the wordpress system I see that it is working with php 12, how can I change the php in wordpress from my server with ssh?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Normally a good host should more than well be capable of helping you with all necessary steps.

Talk with them and if they can't fix this, change host.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The latest PHP version is PHP 7.4 - PHP: News Archive - 2019

Here's a guide on how to install/upgrade your PHP version - How to Install PHP (7, 7.2 or 7.3) on Ubuntu – ThisHosting.Rocks

1. Backup everything.
  2. Install the newest PHP and required modules.
  3. Change the default version you’re using.
  4. (Optionally) Remove the older PHP
  5. (Required) Configure your software to use the new PHP version. You’ll most likely need to configure Nginx/Apache, and many other services/application

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.