Status
Not open for further replies.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Hello,
The Internet security version have only update of database or the programm is update too ?
The developers intend drop qihoo IS in favor of the TS version ?

Reactions: marg

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Yes. They only update the signatures and they improved the sandbox ( a little bit more active)
Other than that there is nothing new. Version 5 is still in beta and there is not any official release yet.
They focus on 360 Total Security, which is very good but not as ''finalized'' as Internet Security.
According to Manzai's tests Total security has failed twice to stop an unknown virus ''Kill Win'' but Internet security has blocked and deleted it at once.Another example is that both programs IS, TS, have the SAME detection in malware packs, even if Total Security has more engines (Avira).
My personal opinion is that if you like to install Qihoo on your machine, better choose the ''Internet Security'' version.

Merci
Mike ;)

Y

yigido

I think they will drop the IS version soon. Because they want to make users install Total Security instead of Internet Security version.
I got this screenshot from their site : http://360safe.com/internet-security.html
Check the blue layered words. They offers it. Only Internet Security page is trying to redirect to TS.
WXXPMai.png

Reactions: marg

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
My personal opinion is that if you like to install Qihoo on your machine, better choose the ''Internet Security'' version.

Thanks for this, I'll try to replace Avast and try Qihoo today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.