User gets infected with PUA by using Windows Defender Security Center

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
i was browsing and got infected when using firefox, see this as proof.

upload_2018-3-27_18-52-14.png

upload_2018-3-27_18-53-24.png

proof that windows defender on windows 10 is a piece of crap, browsing the web will get you infected. i had to scan with malwarebytes antimalware to remove all of the malware.

Above is a fabricated story, and since I could not find any information about it apart from shady malware removal blogs, I posted this thread.

This "Windows Defender Security Center" is a web page pop-up by viruscheck_dot_club. It's not real. Users who proceed are mislead into downloading a Windows 10 Fix Repair Tool by SystemKeeper. Flagged as PUA/PUP by some vendors (VirusTotal)

upload_2018-3-27_19-3-37.png

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
i was browsing and got infected when using firefox, see this as proof.

View attachment 183616

View attachment 183617

proof that windows defender on windows 10 is a piece of crap, browsing the web will get you infected. i had to scan with malwarebytes antimalware to remove all of the malware.

Above is a fabricated story, and since I could not find any information about it apart from shady malware removal blogs, I posted this thread.

This "Windows Defender Security Center" is a web page pop-up by viruscheck_dot_club. It's not real. Users who proceed are mislead into downloading a Windows 10 Fix Repair Tool by SystemKeeper. Flagged as PUA/PUP by some vendors (VirusTotal)

View attachment 183618
Yikes not good at all. :cry::mad:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.