Using NoScript for fun, just to see how ridiculous effective the Brave shields are (for add blocking and limiting third-party exposure)

LennyFox

Level 7
Thread author
Jan 18, 2024
Yes you are right. It's in the Yokofing list, but if I disable that list to fix the weathernetwork issue, then I get some undesirable ads in other websites. Is there a way to modify a custom list to fix breakage issues?
badfilter option should do the trick (never used it, myself) here is an example discussed (link)

||domain2.unblock^$badfilter (I think this is the syntax). What I understand is that it does remove the block for specific domain (which is better than allowing it)

Last edited:

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Okay which I guess is sort of what I did, except it's an exception for all sites. I don't know how to create exceptions for individual sites. It's something I'll look into later and hopefully can figure out.
You figured out that three whitelist rules do the job. It means that you trust those contributors to do their job on weathernetwork, so in my eyes you should trust them also on other sites. Or are you afraid that they do something that hasn't anything to do with playing video? If you want to restrict the whitelist rule to weathernetwork, you could try (whithout guarantee for success):
@@||cdn.jwplayer.com,domain=weathernetwork.com

Last edited:

LennyFox

Level 7
Thread author
Jan 18, 2024
Okay which I guess is sort of what I did, except it's an exception for all sites. I don't know how to create exceptions for individual sites. It's something I'll look into later and hopefully can figure out.
You may also want to try this (allow exception for blockeddomain.com as third-party on weathernetwork.com)
@@||blockeddomain.com^$domain=weathernetwork.com

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.