Using Windows on a Macbook?

bedger1

Thread author
Feb 6, 2019
I recently purchased a new MAC book second hand from a seller on Facebook - it's all working fine but I currently don't have any Windows software on it - which I will need since I'm planning to use this as a learning resource at University. I have all the Microsoft software in the past directly from this local Apple store but am wondering if there is anyway to buy it and install it from home; I don't want to over pay which I feel I did last time as Apple set up the software for me and charged me more for this service.
Any suggestions

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You will need to buy a Windows 10 license, the ISO can be downloaded from Microsoft to your Mac desktop, and must be installed via Bootcamp or run via VM software such as Parallels, VMware or VirtualBox.

If you plan to use Windows more than macOS, then ensure you have allocated plenty of space to Windows 10 OS, Install Programs and for Any Updates.

Links:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.