uTorrent 3 hands on: zero-config Web control, streaming, and one-click file sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
uTorrent 3 beta [download link], which has been publicly available since the end of 2010, is now stable enough and juicy enough for you to sink your teeth into.

As far as actual torrenting goes, uTorrent 3 is very similar to its precursor, but it's now very apparent that this new version is about extending the BitTorrent protocol -- and the company -- into another space entirely.

The main new feature, which we alluded to when we reviewed uTorrent Remote for Android last week, is integration with uTorrent Web. uTorrent Web is a completely new offering from BitTorrent that offers secure and private zero-config control of your torrents via a Web control panel.

Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
New µTorrent 3.0 Beta – The BitTorrent Blog

• Streaming
  • Ratings
  • Sending
  • µTorrent Remote
  • New Simplified View
  • Portable Mode
  • Additional Apps Available
  • Other Improvements

ut-3-0-beta_streaming1.png

ut-3-0-beta_ratings1.png

Just updated today. :p

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nice..I've been using µTorrent for sometime now..and I'm very pleased with it......This UI is not new to me since I've been using µTorrent Alpha build for over a month :D ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.