Emsisoft? EAM or EIS?
Enable UAC
Some type of backup solution
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Van2r
L

LabZero

Why don't you use backup?

Backup plan is essential to safeguard the security of your PC and the data it contains.

No security configuration can guarantee the absolute inviolability of the system.

Reactions: Van2r and frogboy

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Really nice config. You've got almost everything covered.
The only thing missing is a reliable backup application.

Since most of the times it's not enough to simply backup individual files locally (e.g. an external HDD) or online (e.g. a cloud storage service), you may consider the following freeware system imaging applications for creating full system images which allow you restore the exact state of your system, as it was when you backed it up:
OR

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

enable UAC
use a backup

Van2r

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
thank you for comments dear members/staffs of MalwareTips forum i didnt had internet conection for a while.
@exterminator20 its Internet security.
i really can't understand UAC how protect me i belive unless i dont click on every thing shining : ( CLICK ON ME IM ADWARE) in bundled softwares or just search .exe files with an scanner offline or online ... its fine maybe im wrong but usually uac is a nuisance for me exceptionally at first of installing windows necessary softwares mostly i forget to re-enable it after thing getting done.
also about backup i think i have 2 problem that number one is Space required for that and number two i really cant understand back up programs how work on licenses time that they were taken and the time i do use back up if i want to be honest i just worked with windows built in restore ...

Van2r

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
hello i wish you have good time friends :cool:
i just installed windows and after some products with free trial like 15 or 20 days of usage i have uninstalled them and tried free antiviruses anyway i felt windows explorer and system compact memory process in task manager nearly all time getting 90% or more usage in any case of i have tried avast! avg Avira etc.... and problem only solved after i removed security suites so what is your opinion reason is that i have just overdoing install/remove those suites or its a severe problem with windows 10? i'm feeling that is first one but i want to know and use your Valuable experience too :rolleyes:;) also remember that for time being icant use any antivirus cause of this problem maybe till i change my os or reinstalling same windows 10...

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
hello i wish you have good time friends :cool:
i just installed windows and after some products with free trial like 15 or 20 days of usage i have uninstalled them and tried free antiviruses anyway i felt windows explorer and system compact memory process in task manager nearly all time getting 90% or more usage in any case of i have tried avast! avg Avira etc.... and problem only solved after i removed security suites so what is your opinion reason is that i have just overdoing install/remove those suites or its a severe problem with windows 10? i'm feeling that is first one but i want to know and use your Valuable experience too :rolleyes:;) also remember that for time being icant use any antivirus cause of this problem maybe till i change my os or reinstalling same windows 10...
I have windows 10 and have not experienced any system impact as you described. Note however that I have a powerful system, bu in any case, you can always use windows defender + windows firewall. I have used it until today when I just swapped to another solution.

Van2r

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
I have windows 10 and have not experienced any system impact as you described. Note however that I have a powerful system, bu in any case, you can always use windows defender + windows firewall. I have used it until today when I just swapped to another solution.
thank you.
worst thing is that i used disable windows 10 spying... like software both firewall and windows defender seem to not doing well anything , anymore! although i tried set them in their optimal...
also i have some questions too.
if anyone in this forum know a program that designed only for usb and which is totally customizable like mcshield let me know about it.
however i figured out that mcshield is not enough good for me i wonder if there is any better software than that.
also i asked this question because i do use my PC only for gaming purpose and i had not any infection at all till now, for achieving that i have to tell that most of time i thought it is needed to have a realtime security software...
which is not really necessary in this case because of my pc that is not a high-end PC and even 50-200 megabyte of ram is precious for me and i just tried on-demand scanners like malwarebytes most of time found adwares or nothing at all,in other cases i noticed that only way of infection on my pc is when i connect a usb device to my hard drive.
and viruses like new folder and autorun.exe easily slip into my hard which can be halved by disabling autorun and being careful about them how ever whenever i decide to use them directly it going dangerous which is a thing that still mess things up though its not my PC security but my NERVE!:mad:
i ask member of malware tips advice on this problem so feel free to give me your ideas and sharing your experience friends.:):cool::rolleyes:

Van2r

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
thank you guys @Inkurax i dont think those are usefull when it come to clean an already infected usb i mean they have no engine or anti malware engines to detect and destroy viruses on usb i guess.
@DracusNarcrym i said that i use MCShield already but i'm not satisfied with that it never done detected anything in long time i used it which antiviruses done already all the thing i need is like a piece of good anti softwares programs but only the piece related to protect me from usb attacks or usb protection program piece of them.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I suggest the one adblocker you use for another browser to be replace with Adguard Extension for reliability and effectiveness of blockage.

Other than that its already good configuration, follow the advice regarding in backup and recovery category.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.