Vanduss's S6 Config

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
If you only use it to listen to music and watch youtube why is it rooted? I would also consider use chrome instead of samsungs browser. And anti-phishing is pointless for users who are tech savvy. I also wouldn't use free vpns because they sell your data, are not secure, and some add you to a botnet. But if you really cant afford one I guess its better to use one then not to use one when on wifi for passing geo restrictions. Just only use it when you must. I would also add a good antivirus such as eset. And on the side I would add kaspersky threat scan and check out some trend micro apps, they protect you from vulnerabilities you can get on a rooted device.

Reactions: Logethica

Vanduss

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2015
If you only use it to listen to music and watch youtube why is it rooted? I would also consider use chrome instead of samsungs browser. And anti-phishing is pointless for users who are tech savvy. I also wouldn't use free vpns because they sell your data, are not secure, and some add you to a botnet. But if you really cant afford one I guess its better to use one then not to use one when on wifi for passing geo restrictions. Just only use it when you must. I would also add a good antivirus such as eset. And on the side I would add kaspersky threat scan and check out some trend micro apps, they protect you from vulnerabilities you can get on a rooted device.
adguard helps block ads on the web, and on youtube, and i use the proxy version which requires root. i also use greenify and adaway which require root, also zemana is a good mobile antivirus.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
AdAway > Adguard if you are rooted, IMO.

Since it seems you are rooted and have Xposed Framework installed, take a look at:
Amplify (I use this alongside Greenify, it is rank 1 battery saver for me)
BootManager (disable boot on apps that you don't need on startup)
CrappaLinks (unshortens links)

I also use Wanam Xposed, YouTube AdAway and YouTube Background Playback, but nearly as important as the 3 above.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I can see the justification where the OP made root the smartphone.

Some application requires to be root in order to deeply apply the changes correctly.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.