Vaso 's Secure Config

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
hello vaso rao nice lite config. my opinion is to add malwarebytes or emsisoft emergency kit or hitman pro or all:D as on-demand scanners.
also add another browser like firefox or cyberfox or palemoon or chrome just to be sure.on this browsers you can add lastpass to secure your passwords when you are online.
these are my suggestions hope i have helped you and enjoy this forum;):)

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
I never know if you can run MSE & Avira at the same time ?
think.gif

btw +1 for AdGuard & CCleaner !

Reactions: titan1 and Kent

titan1

Level 1
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
The antivirus you use (avira) is pretty strong.So no comment on that.But you just said you use windows defender/MSE for on demand scanning.If you use windows 7,then you must uninstall MSE if you want to use avira free.If you use windows 8 you must disable windows defender while using avira.Because they are stand alone antivirus programs and may cause severe conflict.If it is windows 7 and you scan with windows defender on windows 7 then no problem because defender on windows 7 is antispyware only. As you don't know about which setting is applied to UAC on your machine,it is likely to be set on default.As for on deman scanner you can use MBAM and hitman pro.you can use a backup software like macrium reflect.As you have stated that you will start VM malware testing so I am not suggesting you sandboxie.everything else looks good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.