Vasudev Security Config for Windows Mobile,Droids and iOS

Phone brand
Samsung and Nokia
Phone model
Lumia 730 DS, Core Prime Duos (Rooted with LineageOS 14)
Phone unlock
Security & Privacy Apps
None
Browser
Safari, Edge, Firefox

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would no huge difference in performance since the chipset is similar. You have 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage which is a plus.
Its Android bro ! I wouldn't compromise just for performance. I need the flexibility and support of apps.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I would like to repeat vasudev's recommendation from another forum: Do not turn on Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity (HVCI). It's a CPU and GPU hog!! The best way to keep it turned off is to turn of Hyper-V Virtualization in your BIOS.

Reactions: Vasudev

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Updated to RS2 build 1390.
Removed iphone 7
Will be buying an android phone very soon.
You sure about that? The last benchmarks I have seen, even the iPhone 7's CPU is still faster than Snapdragon 845 which is quite embarrassing. And with iOS 12, there are massive improvements to the CPU governor, GPU and RAM management so I heard. Look at the performance improvements:
The iPhone XS & XS Max Review: Unveiling the Silicon Secrets

I think if I looked at this as an iPhone 7 owner, I would stick with the 7 for a while if it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus you still get great security updates AND it's fully encrypted. I am jealous of any iPhone user at this point.

Reactions: Vasudev

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
You sure about that? The last benchmarks I have seen, even the iPhone 7's CPU is still faster than Snapdragon 845 which is quite embarrassing. And with iOS 12, there are massive improvements to the CPU governor, GPU and RAM management so I heard. Look at the performance improvements:
The iPhone XS & XS Max Review: Unveiling the Silicon Secrets

I think if I looked at this as an iPhone 7 owner, I would stick with the 7 for a while if it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus you still get great security updates AND it's fully encrypted. I am jealous of any iPhone user at this point.
I gave it to my Mom just after a day of using it. Its been over a year and I couldn't find my Mobile Security thread.
CPU is fast but Apple slows it down gradually and iOS is becoming bloated and its absolute piss when people say forget about iOS maintenance and guess what? Its really PITA to manage iOS unlike Android. Took me a while to optimize GB4 benching scores and reduce stutters/slowdowns.
So I switched to iOS12 developer beta and still they slow down the phone just a little. iOS 10 was simply fast and really liked it!
If you want to maintain iOS devices, use 3utools and Phoneclean free version.
I am sticking with Android for now. iOS devices are too expensive and it doesn't justify the value.

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Updated to latest build 1631.
Updated to iOS 12.1.3 and blocked future updates since I believe Apple decreased the NW signal strength to comply with Court order.

Reactions: Jack and harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.