Svoll

Level 12
Verified
Beautiful Laptop and with specs that rival most desktops. I am not sure about $2500 for college, as I drop mines so often. The bumping incident my class are amazing, on the average, we have someone drop their laptop daily. Record was 3 drops in one day. I went thru 5 case protectors already.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 37
Verified
Trusted
Thread updated!!!
Reinstalled Windows 10 because of some corruption and inability to install any drivers.
Driver changes:
Reverted to IRST 14.8 from Dell
Reverted to NV 375.90
It's good you've restored functionality with the drivers!
Mrs Cats' old Vaio no longer has the use of function keys since her upgrade to 10, and her touch pad's always on. The touch pad annoyance was remedied with an old plastic card, a piece of folded paper, & some Scotch tape;o_O but I like your reinstall of Windows 10 approach much better!:D

I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which made by right arm almost useless, still my back hurts.:(
(..can't believe I'd missed :eek:this until today!:oops:)
You've probably learned Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a similar form of overuse to Tennis Elbow. I understand, first hand, the paralyzing effect. That is why on (2) of our three computers I mouse with my left hand!;) I am able to use my right again, but I wanted to share what truly brought relief to me. Like working the clutch of a manual transmission, some people suffer pain from over use and repetition.
When I gradually, and finally, removed the unconscious habit of "STABBING" keys with my right hand, my own right arm recovered fully.:cool::)
Plus listen to Svoll, and don't drop:confused: your computer!

I hope you'll choose to let your back rest too!

*Steps down from Soap Box*:rolleyes:

Vasudev

Level 29
Verified
Beautiful Laptop and with specs that rival most desktops. I am not sure about $2500 for college, as I drop mines so often. The bumping incident my class are amazing, on the average, we have someone drop their laptop daily. Record was 3 drops in one day. I went thru 5 case protectors already.
Thank you for your kind words. I already have protection against drops and spills from Dell themselves if something happens, they'll repair it if possible or else they replace the whole unit with new ones. I'm careful these days and caring and carrying it like an expensive pet.:rolleyes:
It's good you've restored functionality with the drivers!
Mrs Cats' old Vaio no longer has the use of function keys since her upgrade to 10, and her touch pad's always on. The touch pad annoyance was remedied with an old plastic card, a piece of folded paper, & some Scotch tape;o_O but I like your reinstall of Windows 10 approach much better!:D

(..can't believe I'd missed :eek:this until today!:oops:)
You've probably learned Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a similar form of overuse to Tennis Elbow. I understand, first hand, the paralyzing effect. That is why on (2) of our three computers I mouse with my left hand!;) I am able to use my right again, but I wanted to share what truly brought relief to me. Like working the clutch of a manual transmission, some people suffer pain from over use and repetition.
When I gradually, and finally, removed the unconscious habit of "STABBING" keys with my right hand, my own right arm recovered fully.:cool::)
Plus listen to Svoll, and don't drop:confused: your computer!

I hope you'll choose to let your back rest too!

*Steps down from Soap Box*:rolleyes:
I feel for you. I had a vaio too that came with vista. As a matter of fact, my right hand still aches after carrying the lappie and using it. I sometimes use my left hand to hover the mouse.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Vasudev

Level 29
Verified
Updated:
Spring Creators Update
Experimental BIOS microcode added by Daz(Windows Loader Fame) to protect against Spectre V4
MEI FW upgraded to latest possible version from Prema
GPU OC'ed by 200/200MHz on core and memory thanks to Prema Mod.
All latest system drivers from Intel, Dell etc..

NV Vulkan Development driver 397.96 j95 mod.