VB100 - August 2012 Windows 7 Pro test result

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
The latest VB100 test on Windows 7 generally saw better product stability than expected, although a lower pass rate than the last test - one third of products failing to achieve VB100 certification this time. John Hawes has all the details.

Big names unabled to get VB100 are Comodo antivirus, Agnitum ( failed after getting 12 VB100 in a row ), Ad-aware, Emsisoft and Vipre........

RAP-quadrant-Feb-Aug12-600.jpg

Click here to find out which products earned a VB100 award, and which failed to make the grade.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I noticed Symantec and Norton is missing from the results.
I wonder why? It doesn't look good since Microsoft Security Essentials passed after Symantec said it was not good enough. I know the last time I tried Norton, its false positives were getting really bad, maybe they removed themselves from the test.

I'm surprised to see Emsisoft Anti-Malware have wild list misses, I wonder if they tested the new v.7.0 with BitDefender engine or v.6 with Ikarus?

I'm not really surprised to see VIPRE Antivirus with wild list misses, I don't believe it is as good as everyone thinks it is. All other vendors using the VIPRE engine also failed with wild list misses.

I don't know how VirusBuster had two wild list misses and Agnitum Outpost only had one wild list miss and both use the same engine.

FortiClient also passed again, like I have said before, it is much better than what most people give it credit for.

They only tested Panda Cloud Antivirus PRO, not the free version. It passed but I would like to see the free version tested.

I'm also not surprised to see Comodo Antivirus to fail with wild list misses, also just about everyone knows it really isn't nothing without D+.

The rest of the results are what I would suspect.
All of the main freeware AV's passed as usual.

Thanks.:D

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
they do not test Trend Micro........ last time they tested it was April 2008 .......4 years ago.......

and Norton not in August 2012 test, but they were on June2012 test.....

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?id=4

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:
I noticed Symantec and Norton is missing from the results.
I wonder why? It doesn't look good since Microsoft Security Essentials passed after Symantec said it was not good enough. I know the last time I tried Norton, its false positives were getting really bad, maybe they removed themselves from the test.

Norton removed themselves from many tests, so im not surprised if they have done the same here

I'm surprised to see Emsisoft Anti-Malware have wild list misses, I wonder if they tested the new v.7.0 with BitDefender engine or v.6 with Ikarus?

EAM v7 official has been released yesterday, so VB100 can't test it (and will surely not test betas) if you check Ikarus it missed the same as EAM.

I'm not really surprised to see VIPRE Antivirus with wild list misses, I don't believe it is as good as everyone thinks it is. All other vendors using the VIPRE engine also failed with wild list misses.

for me the only advantage to use Vipre is Clearcloud.

They only tested Panda Cloud Antivirus PRO, not the free version. It passed but I would like to see the free version tested.

me too ^^

I'm also not surprised to see Comodo Antivirus to fail with wild list misses, also just about everyone knows it really isn't nothing without D+.

i think that every serious no-fanboy users of CIS can't deny that the AV module is good but nothing more.

let see in v6

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
True, my surprise was Agnitum and Vipre. I feel Vipre is pretty good. But all of the top results is captured by Bitdefender. We have ushered in the era of Bitdefender.

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Littlebits said:
This is more understandable if Behavioral Analysis was still a Pro feature, but that is no longer the case. Detection capabilities are the pretty much the same so you won't see a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.