Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
2022/03/11 --- 1.0.71 release
  1. VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE can be set to F2> to automatically enter F2 browser mode.
  2. Fix the bug when booting FreeBSD 13.0 in F2 browser mode.
  3. Auto use memdisk mode for Memtest86+ and KolibriOS iso file.
  4. Support Easy Recovery Essentials for Win10/Win11.
  5. Suppress Fn hotkey when VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE is set to Fn>.
  6. New ISO support (total 830+)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
2022/03/26 --- 1.0.72 release
  1. Ventoy Subscription Service. Notes
  2. Add support for venomlinux (#1526)
  3. Add missing execute bit when packing (#1530)
  4. vtoyboot-1.0.20 release.Notes
  5. Fix some typo and grammar mistakes in the document and language.json

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
2022/04/06 --- 1.0.73 release
  1. Ventoy Subscription Service. Notes
  2. A dialog will be popped up when you click install button if Ventoy already installed in the disk.
    Then you must enter YES in the text box manually to confirm the installation.
  3. If the ISO file name is too long to displayed completely. You can press left or right arrow keys ← → to scroll the menu.
  4. Add F5 Tools --> Power --> Reboot to EFI setup menu in UEFI mode, (reboot to UEFI BIOS Setup).
  5. Add F5 Tools --> Hardware Information menu.
  6. We can set menu tip position and color for per-theme. Notes
  7. Prevent DLL search order hijacking for Ventoy2Disk.exe/VentoyPlugson.exe/VentoyVlnk.exe.
  8. Fixed a bug that VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT option does not take effect for Manjaro/Arch.
  9. vtoyboot-1.0.21 release. Notes
  10. languages.json update

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
2022/04/28 --- 1.0.74 release
  1. Show the directory path in the return menu for TreeView mode and Browser mode.
  2. Fix a bug that Windows ISO in local disk can not install when boot through F2 browser mode in Legacy BIOS mode.
  3. Fix a bug when install Ventoy if the USB already mounted at a path which contains space.
  4. Fix the issue when booting customized CentOS7 with inst.ks=cdrom:/xxx boot parameter.
  5. Fix a bug for Linux GUI program when update from old release. (#1590)
  6. Fix the issue when booting Fedora with VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT=1
  7. Fix the log and ini file owner attribute for VentoyGUI in linux.
  8. Fix the issue when booting Prime OS 2.1.0.
  9. Fix the issue when booting Euler OS V2
  10. Update languages.json
  11. Document: About USB hardware problem
  12. New ISO support (total 850+)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
2022/05/31 --- 1.0.75 release
  1. Update Super UEFIinSecureBoot Disk v3-2
  2. By default use memdisk mode when booting iKuai OS.
  3. Fix the bug when booting linx iso (#1600)
  4. Fix a bug when booting latest Alpine linux.
  5. Fix a bug when booting easyos 3.4.3+
  6. Fix a bug when booting ATLAS Windows ISO.
  7. Fix a bug when UEFI booting KaOS-2022.04-x86_64.iso.
  8. Fix the bug when booting ALT Linux in UEFI mode. (#1645)
  9. Support programs loading for DLC Boot PE. (#1647)
  10. Fix a bug in menu tip plugin webpage of VentoyPlugson. (#1602)
  11. Fix a bug when booting RHEL/CentOS/Fedora with LVM device in the computer.
  12. Fix a bug when boot in F2 browser mode if the computer has more than one disks with same size.
  13. Update languages.json
  14. New ISO support (total 880+)

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018

So, can i use the rest of the space on the usb for housing files etc?
Eg. if creating a bootable Macrium recovery media on a 8gb usb, one gets over 7gb left empty, can one use that empty space with this tool without disrupting the functionality.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
So, can i use the rest of the space on the usb for housing files etc?
Eg. if creating a bootable Macrium recovery media on a 8gb usb, one gets over 7gb left empty, can one use that empty space with this tool without disrupting the functionality.
I wouldn't take this risk to use Ventoy together with Macrium Rescue Media on same USB memory stick. You probably have another empty one ;)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I wouldn't take this risk to use Ventoy together with Macrium Rescue Media on same USB memory stick. You probably have another empty one ;)
Actually, there's no issue with this. I have Windows 11, Macrium and Hiren’s BootCD PE's ISO put into my USB drive, and it never failed me. I have only one USB drive so Ventoy gives me the ability to use one for everything :)

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
You can also partition the drive, and use lets say for example 10GB for ventoy and the remaining partition as storage on a 32GB USB drive. Hasn't given me issues, so far, however its good practice to look up the ventoy forums to read into it further if you have any hesitations.

That is how i have it now but, with this program, it looks as if it could be simpler to handle the usb, when one does not need to do the partitioning.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Was secure boot enabled? Because that has been a hit-and-miss for some folks, since the new/recent Windows requirement. Its working for more people now, however some cant get the keys to work on specific motherboards or firmware.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Was secure boot enabled? Because that has been a hit-and-miss for some folks, since the new/recent Windows requirement. Its working for more people now, however some cant get the keys to work on specific motherboards or firmware.

Now it booted, but it showed the message security violation and after clicking OK there came up 3 alternatives.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Now it booted, but it showed the message security violation and after clicking OK there came up 3 alternatives.
Follow this:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Follow this:

After - Enroll... this...key, etc, i do not get the Continue frame as per the guide, i get the run around. But it worked without Secure boot, but that is not an option.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.