Advice Request VeraCrypt, volume-dismounting, "files or folders being used" etc

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

beginner-mt

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 6, 2019

Hi

I wonder whether you can help me

(OS Win10)

Often, whenever I dismount a particular volume (an external hard drive) VeraCrypt tells me::

“Volume contains files or folders being used by applications or system. Force dismount??”

It happens often.

The problem is, VeraCrypt doesn’t say (as far as I know) which files or folders or applications they are.

Is there any way I can find out which files or folders or applications are involved??

in advance, thank you very much for you kind help

Christian

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This can be due to different causes: Your security solution accessing that volume, even Windows indexing service...

Reactions: silversurfer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.