Status
Not open for further replies.

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I am using Windows 8. But two problems are arising simultaneously for few days:

1. Windows is taking too much time to start and close.
2. DU Meter is giving reading even when I am not using internet or Windows/AV is not updating.

Is there any way to get out of it? And is there any way or software to know that why DU Meter is automatically giving reading?

Last edited by a moderator:

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
That is very nice tool. 2nd problem is solved. but what could I do to speeding up start process?

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
That is very nice tool. 2nd problem is solved. but what could I do to speeding up start process?
Have you checked your Startup programs and Services ?

In Windows 8, to disable or manage startup programs, you have to open Task Manager and click on the Startup tab. Here you can see the list and right-click on any entry to Disable it. Generally speaking, you should only let your Antivirus start with Windows...

tm-startup-400x263.png

Reactions: apaul
Upvote 0

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Install and run Advanced system care v.7 and go to Deativator programs on others tools menu.
I don´t liked ASC 6 but this youg version it´s great and does what says on menu.
Try and you i´ll see a quickly run on your laptop.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

misaligned program files/fragmented files will cause this as well, have you defragged/optimized it lately?

Upvote 0

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I am using AVG Internet Security 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I

illumination

I have disabled the Hibernation totally. Is that cause of slow the boot?

Did the slow boot start directly after the you disabled the hibernation? It seems to me, you would have noticed that right away. Is this a new system, or one that has been reformatted, or have you been using it for awhile? These are the kind of questions that need asked and answered. have you recently added software? When did you notice the slow down start?

It helps to pin point by viewing all variables.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
iPanik did some tests, see his post in the link I posted earlier. Or click here.

If you're concerned about lost disk space, it's takes up about 2.5GB on my system with a 250GB HDD (may vary on different systems).

Reactions: apaul
Upvote 0

Freddyand5

Verified
Sep 18, 2013
Have you tried running your system in clean boot? If not, Open MSConfig, on the General tab, uncheck, Load Startup Items... now go to Services tab, Click on Hide All Microsoft Services, and then click Disable All....

Restart your PC.... Check if it solves... If yes, the problem is because of the services initiating at startup

Reactions: cdnsempre
Upvote 0

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
yes I have checked it... Its true AVG slowing down my PC littlebit. Disableing AV system startup time decreased. But I have to use it because I dont have any lightwaight AV.:confused: Planing to use ESET next time.:po_O
I was useing iobit ASC, which was not helpfull to me, may be because I was unable to use it poperly. After uninstalling it now I am useing Wise Care 365 which is extreamly halpfull and easy to use for new user like me. There is a option 'BootUp Booster' in Wise Care 365 what did work for me. :D:);)
Thanks all of my friend to help me soooo much..:cool: specilly those who help me in this thread... Have a nice day ahade to all:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.